ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Don't have referees for citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lifelonger
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Don't have referees for citizenship application

Post by lifelonger » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:13 pm

Hi I'm in a really sticky spot. Last year, I had to leave my marriage of 4 years due to DV and have now moved to the other side of the country. Whoever I've gotten to know and any potential referees have obviously only known me for a year and I purposely lost all touch with people who knew me before (because they know him too).

Nobody here knows me for 3 years and I wouldn't like to reach out to anyone I used to know. What do I do?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Don't have referees for citizenship application

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:41 pm

If the referees are happy to state they have known you for 3 years (considering these are people who know you well) I doubt the HO checks how long a referee has actually known the applicant. As this is a delicate situation, you could attempt writing a cover letter to explain the referees haven't known you for 3 years and explain why, though there isn't anything in the guidance that points to a caseworker accepting this.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.