ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker visa without Cos

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dpn26
Newly Registered
India

Undefined Cos-default allocation

Post by dpn26 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:07 pm

Hi All

I am currently on a graduate visa which is set to expire in 12 weeks time. The company I work for has a sponsor licence and are ready to sponsor me. I understand I will have to apply for a undefined cos as I am making an application in the UK. The company currently has no employees on a Skilled worker visa. How long does an undefined COS take to be granted will I have enough time to make an application soon ? Is there a default allocation of undefined COS ? I am starting to get super stressed about this with the horror stories of COS taking many months.

Any advice or guidance is appreciated

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Undefined Cos-default allocation

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:59 am

Bad news unless your Sponsor uses the priority service it will take up to 18 weeks to get the COS

dpn26
Newly Registered
India

Skilled worker visa without Cos

Post by dpn26 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:59 pm

Hi all,

I was reading the caseworker guidelines recently and found this.

"The reference number for the CoS should be provided in the application. If the applicant has not supplied the reference number, they must provide an explanation. If you are not satisfied the sponsor has assigned a CoS to the applicant, you may reject the application. If the reason the sponsor has not yet assigned a CoS is because of delays by UKVI (for example, a delay in processing a sponsor licence application or a request for a CoS), you may exceptionally place the case on hold pending the outcome"

In my case the company has applied for licence last week and my current visa expires in about 9 weeks would an explanation from the company stating the reason for delay suffice if its not obtained in time ?

dpn26
Newly Registered
India

Re: Skilled worker visa without Cos

Post by dpn26 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:08 pm

hi,

was the old post linked to this question as a response ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Skilled worker visa without Cos

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:07 pm

The standard turn around time for a licence application is 8 weeks. That is usually achieved with the exception of those potential sponsors selected for a visit. If your potential sponsor is selected for a visit you are highly unlikely to get your COS in time to apply before your existing leave expires.

If you apply without a COS I am not even sure the online system allows you to progress the application?

I am unaware of any cases where an application for a skilled worker visa has been put on hold pending the outcome of a licence application, while I accept it states the ability to do so I have never seen it. I am aware that the placing on hold has happened in cases where a licence has expired and the sponsor has forgot to renew and are reapplying, visa renewal for suspension cases and TUPE cases are others but not for initial licence applications.

majith87
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Undefined Cos-default allocation

Post by majith87 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:22 am

dpn26 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:07 pm
Hi All

I am currently on a graduate visa which is set to expire in 12 weeks time. The company I work for has a sponsor licence and are ready to sponsor me. I understand I will have to apply for a undefined cos as I am making an application in the UK. The company currently has no employees on a Skilled worker visa. How long does an undefined COS take to be granted will I have enough time to make an application soon ? Is there a default allocation of undefined COS ? I am starting to get super stressed about this with the horror stories of COS taking many months.

Any advice or guidance is appreciated
Hi dpn26,

Did you get your undefined CoS assigned? If it is how long it took ?. I am in same situation and my visa expires on February 16th. Please let me know, Thank you.