ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement under 7 years child residence.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Skylimit
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Settlement under 7 years child residence.

Post by Skylimit » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:31 pm

Hi, I really need help and advise on my son matter.

I and my son came to the uk when he was 2 years old. After 7 years residence, I applied for leave to remain on the basis of his private life in October 2017, the application was granted in May 2018. He was granted 10 years on private life route, and I was granted 10 years as a parents.

Our second extension will expires March 2024.

My question is that can my son apply for indefinite leave now?, he has completed 5 years on his private life route.

I really need a clarification on this. I need a clear answer from the experience members Please 🙏🏾

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Settlement under 7 years child residence.

Post by zimba » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:55 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Skylimit
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Skylimit » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:10 pm

Thanks for ur reply.

I have read the form, here is the thing that is confusing me below, and My son is under 18.

You can only use this form if you are over 18 and are applying in the UK.

You can apply to settle in the UK after 5 years if you were first granted permission on the private life route as a child or as a young adult (aged between 18 and 24) and you have lived in the UK for more than half your life. If you are aged under 18 and are applying to settle on the basis of your private life, you must apply on a different form.

Is there any other form for under 18?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:39 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Skylimit
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Skylimit » Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:14 pm

Hi, thanks so much for your response.

I have read the child settlement form and its really confusing as well. Please see below and enlight me

Children and young adults
If you were born in the UK and have lived here for 7 continuous years since your birth, you can apply immediately for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of your private life.

Otherwise you can apply for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of your private life if all of the following are true:

you were given a visa on the basis of your private life when you were aged between 18 and 24
you arrived in the UK as a child
you have lived in the UK for 5 continuous years with a visa.

Can you brake it down for more understanding. please

I just don't want to fill the wrong form and end up losing the fee.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:31 pm

It is clear
You can also use this form to apply to settle in the UK if you are a child on the private life route either as a child born in the UK, or who has or had permission on the private life route based on a qualifying period of 5 years.

Skylimit
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Skylimit » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:15 am

zimba wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:31 pm
It is clear
You can also use this form to apply to settle in the UK if you are a child on the private life route either as a child born in the UK, or who has or had permission on the private life route based on a qualifying period of 5 years.

Thanks for ur response. I have not been online since.

I need more clarification please.

(1) who has or had permission on the private life route based on a qualifying period of 5 years.

(2) My son was granted based on 10 years private life route, and not 5 years qualifying period. But he has now completed 5 years out of the 10 years.

(Q) Is he qualify for settlement now? base on the information I gave now.

(3) Can he still use this child settlement form?

Please bear with me if I'm asking too many questions.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:09 pm

That is because for applications made under private life before 20 June 2022, the leave would be granted in line with the old paragraphs 276ADE(1) to 276DH of the immigration rules, which used to be known as the 10-year private life route to ILR. But after 20 June 2022, the new Appendix Private Life was introduced which replaced all these paragraphs and also introduced a new 5-year route to ILR for children under the private life route (for a child who has been resident in the UK for 7 years). All the old rules are gone and private life leave granted before 20 June 2022 is also counted if someone is seeking ILR under the Appendix Private Life

So do not get confused. The child settlement form refers to the path of ILR under the Appendix Private Life, which is the one you are seeking for your child and that is correct

Skylimit
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Skylimit » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:46 pm

zimba wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:09 pm
That is because for applications made under private life before 20 June 2022, the leave would be granted in line with the old paragraphs 276ADE(1) to 276DH of the immigration rules, which used to be known as the 10-year private life route to ILR. But after 20 June 2022, the new Appendix Private Life was introduced which replaced all these paragraphs and also introduced a new 5-year route to ILR for children under the private life route (for a child who has been resident in the UK for 7 years). All the old rules are gone and private life leave granted before 20 June 2022 is also counted if someone is seeking ILR under the Appendix Private Life

So do not get confused. The child settlement form refers to the path of ILR under the Appendix Private Life, which is the one you are seeking for your child and that is correct
Ok, I'll start filling the form now, and I'll update you as i progress with it.

Thanks very much for ur response, I really appreciate your help.

Skylimit
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Skylimit » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:02 pm

Hi everyone. Happy New Year to you all.

Can experienced members help me with these required documents, please.

Here is the document required in the application form.

Evidence of any access arrangements such as child arrangements order or evidence of parental involvement in the child life such as proof of financial contributions or decisions on the welfare.

What kind of documents can i use to cover this section?

Note... my child lives with me full time.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:43 am

Are you claiming sole responsibility for the child ?

Skylimit
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Skylimit » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:14 am

zimba wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:43 am
Are you claiming sole responsibility for the child ?

No, both parents lives together.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:30 am

Not sure why those pieces of evidence are being asked

Skylimit
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Skylimit » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:53 pm

zimba wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:30 am
Not sure why those pieces of evidence are being asked

I'm even confused. I'll just add a birth certificate anyway