ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DEPENDANT VISA APPLICATION

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lokoeasy
Newly Registered

Post by lokoeasy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:47 pm

Hi,
I am a student here in u.k and i just got married this year july and would want my wife to come over here on a dependant visa.I have gone through the requirements for the visa but i don't know if my wife can use her personal bank savings to support her application as i don't work here in u.k(I am been sponsored by my uncle),but she does back home and she already have over £4000 as savings.pls i would want to know if we can use her bank savings to support her application.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:54 am

Although your uncle may sponsor you, apparently he may not help maintain your wife too (assuming that you are not a student visitor). Both you and your wife should demonstrate that you can maintain yourselves without recourse to public funds. Her savings may be helpful.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:27 am

In addition..are you both over 21?

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:17 pm

Casa wrote:In addition..are you both over 21?
over 18?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lokoeasy
Newly Registered

Post by lokoeasy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:19 pm

Hi,thanks for the response.As per the question ask by the last respondent,YES we are both over 21 years of age.