ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO asking for evidence of continous residence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

HO asking for evidence of continous residence

Post by jvjroop » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:08 pm

Hi
I came to UK in 2015 on Tier 2 work visa. Got ILR in Jan 2021. My dependents (wife and son) got thier ILR in the end of 2021. They got thier citizenship last year (aug 2023).
i now applied for my naturalisation. I got an email from HO (HO atlas email address) asking me to provide evidense of continous residense in the UK between 2020-2023.
Not sure why they are asking this where they didnt ask anything when my wife and son applied. They had the same stampings in thier passports as i have?
i replied providing my P60s from 2020 to 2023. Is this enough?

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: HO asking for evidence of continous residence

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:23 pm

Can't tell you why they are asking - caseworkers can ask for additional documents, or originals, if they see fit.
P60 are normally ok for proving residency, if you need to prove this, if you don't have stamps (like EU citizens), or Council Tax Bills,
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

jvjroop
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jvjroop » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:29 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:23 pm
P60 are normally ok for proving residency, if you need to prove this, if you don't have stamps (like EU citizens), or Council Tax Bills,
We are not EU citizens, have same stamps as my wife and son. only thing is, we didnt travel anywhere outside UK between 2020-2023. They didnt ask anything for my wife and son but they are asking me. is it because i come under spouse of british citizen, that they need addtional proofs?
they gave a list of documents that i can provide: 1) P60s/employment letters, 2) letters from DWP 3) pension statements from HMRC. so i provided P60s for year ending 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023.
Thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:34 pm

P60s as you provided should be enough. Can't know why they are asking you and not the rest of your family. bu you provided what they requested, so you should be OK.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.