ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How Do I Get A Settled Status BRC?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Haystacker2
Newly Registered
Ghana

How Do I Get A Settled Status BRC?

Post by Haystacker2 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:30 pm

Hello everyone

I was granted leave to remain under the old EU rules as a non EU relative of an EU citizen in November 2018 and was subsequently issued a BRC valid for 5 years with expiry date 28/11/23,

Some 6 months later in May 2019, I applied to EUSS with the BRC and was granted pre-settled status in June that year

Last month November, I again applied with same BRC to the EUSS to move from pre-settled to settled status after holding my BRC for almost 5 years. I got an acknowledgement email but no COA

I was granted settled status via email on 28/11/23, the very day my BRC expired. My question is, will the home office issue me a new BRC showing my settled status automatically?

Or do I have to apply for another BRC showing my settled status? And how do I apply? Where do I apply?

Thank you

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: How Do I Get A Settled Status BRC?

Post by MuhammadM86 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:52 am

Haystacker2 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:30 pm
Hello everyone

I was granted leave to remain under the old EU rules as a non EU relative of an EU citizen in November 2018 and was subsequently issued a BRC valid for 5 years with expiry date 28/11/23,

Some 6 months later in May 2019, I applied to EUSS with the BRC and was granted pre-settled status in June that year

Last month November, I again applied with same BRC to the EUSS to move from pre-settled to settled status after holding my BRC for almost 5 years. I got an acknowledgement email but no COA

I was granted settled status via email on 28/11/23, the very day my BRC expired. My question is, will the home office issue me a new BRC showing my settled status automatically?

Or do I have to apply for another BRC showing my settled status? And how do I apply? Where do I apply?

Thank you
They should technically issue one, keep looking for it in the post in the next 10 days, if it doesn’t arrive, please read on the approval letter section “Residence Card”

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:58 pm

MuhammadM86 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:52 am
They should technically issue one
Not really. They don't usually issue one if at the time of granting status one has a valid biometric card. Given the card expired the same day is a tricky border case. I'd say there's a chance of this being a "computer says no" case, and that a card will not be issued.
keep looking for it in the post in the next 10 days, if it doesn’t arrive, please read on the approval letter section “Residence Card”
Sound advice as one never knows. However, bear in mind all those letters are standard, and not at all tailored to individual circumstances. It will likely sat the same I have explained above "You will be issued a card if you do not already have a valid BRC", etc.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

kamoe
European Union

Post by kamoe » Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:02 pm

Haystacker2 wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:30 pm
As advised above, read carefully what the letter tells you. Maybe wait some days, then if nothing comes, you can apply to change from an (expired EEA BRC) to a new EUSS BRC here:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-service
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:02 am

My sister has received her Settled Status today and the email does say the default 'if you do not currently hold a residence card, you should receive one in 10 working days'.

She does hold a BRC valid till May 2024 so I doubt they would send a new one. She is however planning to travel in March and returning in April so we will not take the risk of her being denied boarding or somthing because it would be only a month left on her card.

I don't believe the check-in agents can check the settled status online.

So we have applied for replacement card 'to upgrade from pre-settled to settled'.

They say it can take 8 weeks from the date of application. This is odd as why would just printing a new card take that long but I will keep the forum posted.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:05 am

eubritish wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:02 am
we will not take the risk of her being denied boarding or somthing because it would be only a month left on her card.
Why would she not be boarded?
It's still in date.
eubritish wrote:
They say it can take 8 weeks from the date of application. This is odd as why would just printing a new card take that long
Replacement BRP for ILR holders has an official timeline of 6 months, so not surprising.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:07 am

eubritish wrote:

My sister has received her Settled Status today and the email does say the default 'if you do not currently hold a residence card, you should receive one in 10 working days'.

She does hold a BRC valid till May 2024 so I doubt they would send a new one. She is however planning to travel in March and returning in April so we will not take the risk of her being denied boarding or somthing because it would be only a month left on her card.

So we have applied for replacement card 'to upgrade from pre-settled to settled'.

They say it can take 8 weeks from the date of application. This is odd as why would just printing a new card take that long but I will keep the forum posted.

When I applied for my replacement last year it took 4.5 weeks from biometric appointment.

I see checkin desks in Europe accept the online status form the phone as well when I travel.

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:25 am

meself2 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:05 am
Why would she not be boarded?
It's still in date.
I know and I of course agree with you. I just don't feel comfortable relying on the check-in agents in Pakistani airports thinking the same way.

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:28 am

MuhammadM86 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:07 am

When I applied for my replacement last year it took 4.5 weeks from biometric appointment.

I see checkin desks in Europe accept the online status form the phone as well when I travel.
Thanks for sharing your timeline and experience.

4.5 weeks from the biometric appointment doesn't sound so bad. Hopefully ours will be as quick!

TheCreatoR
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by TheCreatoR » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:38 pm

eubritish wrote:

When did you applied for replacement BRC could you please share with us? I've applied as well and trying to understand what's the timeline going to be. If you can share the date of application and biometrics for BRC replacement will be appreciated.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:53 pm

Also be aware that physical cards will be phased out by end 2024!

Information on eVisas as all BRPs will be phased out from 1st Jan 2025

Click Link:
general-uk-immigration-forum/informatio ... 42183.html

EU Settled Status is already a digital status of course!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:13 pm

TheCreatoR wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:38 pm

When did you applied for replacement BRC could you please share with us? I've applied as well and trying to understand what's the timeline going to be. If you can share the date of application and biometrics for BRC replacement will be appreciated.

Thanks

We applied on 07JAN and the biometrics were done this Monday on 29JAN. They had earlier appointments available, even the same day actually but I was not in the mood to pay the (extortionate) fee ranging from £139 to £224 so we waited for the free slot.

I have no idea about the timeline to say how long does it take these days but even going by their own guidance, it can be 'upto 8 weeks'. So my impression is 8 weeks from the date of biometric appointment - if not longer.

I will of course update the forum once it comes.

Good luck!

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:21 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:53 pm

Click Link:

I am curious how is that going to work at foriegn borders, with check in agents. That will be fun in places like Pakistani airports!

TheCreatoR
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by TheCreatoR » Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:06 pm

eubritish wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:13 pm
TheCreatoR wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:38 pm

Thanks

We applied on 07JAN and the biometrics were done this Monday on 29JAN. They had earlier appointments available, even the same day actually but I was not in the mood to pay the (extortionate) fee ranging from £139 to £224 so we waited for the free slot.

I have no idea about the timeline to say how long does it take these days but even going by their own guidance, it can be 'upto 8 weeks'. So my impression is 8 weeks from the date of biometric appointment - if not longer.

I will of course update the forum once it comes.

Good luck!

Thank you for sharing!

I've applied on 13th January and Biometric was done on 24th January I waited for free slot as well.

I'll update you here if i'll have any news :) Good Luck!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:13 pm

eubritish wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:21 pm
alterhase58 wrote:

Click Link:

I am curious how is that going to work at foriegn borders, with check in agents. That will be fun in places like Pakistani airports!
We'll eagerly await the Home Office advice.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:53 pm

Update: My sister has received the email from APAD that the BRC is ready.

This is exactly 1 week from the biometric appointment! I was not expecting it to be this fast.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:40 am

alterhase58 wrote:

Click Link:

So my sister's new BRC for Settled Status arrived and it does say expiry is 31DEC 2024

It also says 'Indefinite Leave to Remain' under 'Remarks' which I find rather odd since ILR is associated with UK immigration rules. I was expecting it to say 'Permanent Residence' or 'Settled' to indicate this is EUSS route.

Not that it matters or I care, but just surprised.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:49 am

In principle it's all ILR=Settled(Status), though EUSS conditions are slightly different applicable to people coming under the Withdrawal Agreement. EUSS is purely a UK status, not governed by EU regulations, Home Office will avoid putting "EU" on any document unless it's absolutely necessary.

TheCreatoR
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by TheCreatoR » Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:45 am

eubritish wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:53 pm

Update: My sister has received the email from APAD that the BRC is ready.

This is exactly 1 week from the biometric appointment! I was not expecting it to be this fast.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
I've received yesterday an email from APAD that my BRC ready too!

Thank you for sharing once more :)

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:13 pm

eubritish wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:40 am
alterhase58 wrote:

Click Link:

So my sister's new BRC for Settled Status arrived and it does say expiry is 31DEC 2024

It also says 'Indefinite Leave to Remain' under 'Remarks' which I find rather odd since ILR is associated with UK immigration rules. I was expecting it to say 'Permanent Residence' or 'Settled' to indicate this is EUSS route.

Not that it matters or I care, but just surprised.
Mine says the same and all BRC will expire on the 31st Dec 2024 as it is moving digital this year.

eke123
Nigeria

Post by eke123 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:59 pm

Hello guys,
I hold a pre-settled which will expire in 2025.
I got married in March 19, 2019 and March 2024 makes it 5 years and I'll be qualified to apply for Settled status.

Is it too early to apply now which is Feb or do I have to wait till March 19?
Many thanks guys

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:35 pm

Not before 28 days of expiry. Apply for Settled status. Mostly likely you will not receive any physical card anymore only online status.

If you are travelling from abroad they need physically proof them print out the status proof from HO website and keep it with you and tell them it is all online now.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:53 pm

hrak1978 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:35 pm
Not before 28 days of expiry. Apply for Settled status. Mostly likely you will not receive any physical card anymore only online status.
I don't think the 28 days applies to EUSS, so complete 5 years first.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:00 pm

Full agreed with you @Alterhase58.

28 days applies when 5 years completed not before that. I was under the impression that 5 years are about to complete.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

lushajr
Newly Registered
Albania

Post by lushajr » Wed May 08, 2024 11:21 am

hrak1978 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:35 pm

If you are travelling from abroad they need physically proof them print out the status proof from HO website and keep it with you and tell them it is all online now.
Hi this is useful - is that accurate information as I am waiting for the same thing.