ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice on Naturalisation Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cattennis
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Need advice on Naturalisation Application

Post by cattennis » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:55 pm

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are well.

I submitted my naturalisation application on 24th July 2023 and attended the biomimetic appointment on 25th July 2023 for finger print.
My eligibility is 5 year Tier 2 + 1 Year ILR - this should be a straightforward case, however, I've not received any news for my naturalisation application.
I have seen people on this forum who submitted the application later but have received the invite of ceremony.
Really worrying about my application :(
Anyone would be able to share advise ? Thank you.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Need advice on Naturalisation Application

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:59 pm

You are still within processing times for your application, it will be 5 months on the 25 Dec. Until the 25 Jan, when it will have been 6 months, you need to exercise a bit of patience. If your application gets delayed beyond the six months of standard processing time, there will be follow up actions you can pursue.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

cattennis
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cattennis » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:55 pm

Thank you for your response.
On the forum, some people contacted the home office for checking / following up their application status.
Any clue of the email address ?

Many thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:14 pm

cattennis wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:55 pm
On the forum, some people contacted the home office for checking / following up their application status.

Many thanks.
There's no specific email address to chase up but you could email all the addresses here: british-citizenship/nationality-enquire ... l#p2093594

Note that UKVI don't provide any specific progress updates unless they wish to get more info or documents (which might be worrying). The next communication after submission is normally the approval (roughtly 95% of applications are approved). Also, there's no definition of what a straightforward application is.

My guess is the delays beyond 6 months are timing related (i.e. they are late) rather than anything else.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:22 pm

cattennis wrote:

Many thanks.
As I stated, following up before the six months period has elapsed will prove unhelpful - you would receive an automated email that they are processing applications. Try waiting a bit longer and if in a month you haven't heard back (which I hope you will) it will be warranted to follow up.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

toofunky2000
United Kingdom

Post by toofunky2000 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:33 pm

I don't think they are late in processing Jul application, especially when you see approval coming in for later months. If they are in backlog they should clear first in before clearing up received later.
I have no clue and no confirmation on these delays but it seems like people from July 23 application are struggling a lot (though the application is within their 6 months timelines).

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Dec 20, 2023 3:08 pm

Waiting is hard and stressful. That having been said we don't have statistical data to confirm there is a specific issue with applications from July 2023, even more so because the 6 months haven't elapsed yet. It is best to be patient and follow up when the time comes that create anxiety when we don't have proof that there is a specific issue.

cattennis
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cattennis » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:57 pm

toofunky2000 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:33 pm
I don't think they are late in processing Jul application, especially when you see approval coming in for later months. If they are in backlog they should clear first in before clearing up received later.
I have no clue and no confirmation on these delays but it seems like people from July 23 application are struggling a lot (though the application is within their 6 months timelines).
Indeed very strange situation. Are you also have this same situation and no news from HO at all ?

cattennis
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by cattennis » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:03 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:14 pm
cattennis wrote:

Many thanks.
There's no specific email address to chase up but you could email all the addresses here: british-citizenship/nationality-enquire ... l#p2093594

Note that UKVI don't provide any specific progress updates unless they wish to get more info or documents (which might be worrying). The next communication after submission is normally the approval (roughtly 95% of applications are approved). Also, there's no definition of what a straightforward application is.

My guess is the delays beyond 6 months are timing related (i.e. they are late) rather than anything else.

Thank you for sharing the email address. Hopefully there is not further delays.
A person from HQ enquired my email and said that my case is on the queue to be allocated to a caseworker.
But another email said that my enquiry went to a wrong department....

toofunky2000
United Kingdom

Post by toofunky2000 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:51 am

cattennis wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:57 pm
toofunky2000 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:33 pm
Indeed very strange situation. Are you also have this same situation and no news from HO at all ?
Yes I am, have applied on 24 Jul, been asked to provide 5 years residence details in Oct and after that complete silence.

toofunky2000
United Kingdom

Post by toofunky2000 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:28 am

cattennis wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:55 pm
Hi Everyone,

Hope you are well.

I submitted my naturalisation application on 24th July 2023 and attended the biomimetic appointment on 25th July 2023 for finger print.
My eligibility is 5 year Tier 2 + 1 Year ILR - this should be a straightforward case, however, I've not received any news for my naturalisation application.
I have seen people on this forum who submitted the application later but have received the invite of ceremony.
Really worrying about my application :(
Anyone would be able to share advise ? Thank you.
Hi, any update on your application from HO?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:00 pm

Applications submitted at the end of July are still within standard processing times as it was already noted, so with a bit more patience it will be worth it escalating and chasing up, until then not much of a point. Every application is assessed on a different timeline so it may well just be a coincidence that some applications submitted in July haven't been processed yet.

toofunky2000
United Kingdom

Post by toofunky2000 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:18 pm

I still personally doubt on this coincidence. A bulk of July applications are still pending (looking at the forums) and they are now clearing up Applications from Sep. I agree every application is different, however, it seems like more than just the coincidence.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:03 pm

We don't have full statistics, just some reports here. Other people could have been accepted and simply not have reported, we can't draw definite conclusions.