ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (Spouse of British Citizen / Family route) - Income!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bokishai
Mood:
India

ILR (Spouse of British Citizen / Family route) - Income!

Post by bokishai » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:48 pm

Hello everyone,

Firstly, Happy New Year and Best wishes to all!

My wife is eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in Jun-24. She is currently on a spouse visa (family route) and has all the necessary paperwork to apply for ILR. She is currently employed & I have a question regarding the income slab.

My wife currently earns around £27k and my salary is around £70k annually respectively.
As per Gov.UK:
Financial requirements if you’re on the 5 year route
You and your partner must usually have a combined income of at least £18,600 a year.

Now, considering the current financial requirements and the new income change for spouse visas (£29k from £18600) which is planned to be implemented in spring this year, I wanted to seek some clarifications and advise:
1) Firstly, does this increase also applies the spouse ILR application on family route?
2) If my wife uses her income proof .i.e. £27k for the ILR application then will there be any impacts on her application if she only uses her income and not ours together?
2) And, now if we use both our income for the application is it required that salary earned by me is for job in UK OR it can be outside of UK too?

The reason to raise the above questions is because I have been offered a role outside of UK and they expect to me join them in April-24. It is a good offer but my acceptance of the offer depends if my wife's ILR application is not impacted due to the income changes expected in spring.

Any guidance on the above is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR (Spouse of British Citizen / Family route) - Income!

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:12 pm

1) This has been repeated many times here but NOTHING has been announced. This is all speculative at the moment. So until changes are officially announced no one knows
2) An applicant may rely on their salary. She does not need to include yours at all
3) The requirement for ILR is that you want to settle in the UK. The expectation is that you would be living together here in the UK and settle here. That is the whole point of ILR, so I suggest against any such move until at least her ILR is secured
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice