ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring brother from Pakistan

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gktssm82
United Kingdom

Sponsoring brother from Pakistan

Post by gktssm82 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:16 pm

Hello all,

I am a British citizen and I would like to invite my brother to visit me. Does anyone know the link where i can apply for him within the UK? He applied for his visitors visa from Pakistan couple of months ago which was refused.
Please help.
Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Sponsoring brother from Pakistan

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:27 pm

Can you please share the text of the refusal notice (without any personal data)?

There's only one link for visitor visa applications: https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor
It's your brother who has to apply.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:28 pm

What were the reasons for refusal?

What were the strong ties to his country of habitual residence that he demonstrated in his application?

It is not for you to apply for his visit visa. He will need to reapply.

EDIT: Overtaken by alterhase58
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:51 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:28 pm
What were the reasons for refusal?

What were the strong ties to his country of habitual residence that he demonstrated in his application?

It is not for you to apply for his visit visa. He will need to reapply.

EDIT: Overtaken by alterhase58
Background to the refused visitor visa:
general-uk-immigration-forum/uk-visit-v ... l#p2123984
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gktssm82
United Kingdom

Post by gktssm82 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:18 pm

The picture is attached

Lolll. Time flies. I thought it was a month 😂😂😂
Attachments
Screenshot_2024-01-05-20-14-00-532_com.google.android.apps.photos-min.jpg
Screenshot_2024-01-05-20-14-00-532_com.google.android.apps.photos-min.jpg (405.82 KiB) Viewed 1586 times

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:46 pm

Well, you have got most of the answers in the refusal letter.

Demonstrate that the rest of the family is in Pakistan and that he regularly visits them and has strong ties with them (attending family functions, etc).

With regards to the financial side of things, tell him to make sure to have a separate bank account that is used only for business transactions. All entries, including cash transactions, in that bank account should be reflected in his business accounts and vice versa. He should not withdraw from or deposit into that account for personal purposes, except when duly noted in the business account (such as dividend payment, salary, etc). Essentially his accounting will need to be similar to British accounting standards, so that he can demonstrate that his business accounts and cash flow are clear of any irregularity.

Give the above a year, so that he has a clean balance sheet and bank statement and then he should reapply.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

John27
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by John27 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:43 pm

To strengthen the visa application, emphasize family ties in Pakistan, highlighting regular visits and active participation in family events. For financial clarity, advise maintaining a separate bank account strictly for business transactions, aligning with British accounting standards, and ensuring clear documentation for withdrawals and deposits, enhancing the chances of a successful reapplication after a year.