ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

in country application - switch employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

laulau
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

in country application - switch employer

Post by laulau » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:01 pm

hello everyone

On Tuesday 9/01, the immigration lawyers are going to submit my inside UK application for switching employers under skilled worker Visa. The employer is paying for priority service and as EU national I used the ID check app.

I'm Italian and i have no children, husband and I've never had any immigration issue before.Also the employer is a big company and i'm supported by immigration lawyers
it seems that my application is pretty straightforward.

But i would like to hear real experiences of delay even using the priority service.

I'm very worried as i have a ski holiday planned on the first of February and I want to leave the UK on the 31st of Jan.
I have 15 working days available for waiting the final decision. Do you think this is a good buffer to have my application approved with priority?
Also since i used the app i should receive a digital immigration status without the need to receive a new BRP . is this correct ?so will i receive the status right after the decision?
First time i relocated to the UK the former immigration layers wanted me to attend the biometrics even if i had the opportunity to use the ID app as EU national so currently i hold a BRP with my former employer

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: in country application - switch employer

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:06 pm

Not familiar with work visas.
If you hold EU Settled Status why do you need a UK work visa?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

laulau
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by laulau » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:37 pm

no unfortunately i don t have an EU settle status. i have a normal skilled worker Visa as i relocated to the UK in 2022 to live with my partner. But as we are not married and i found a job earlier i have a normal skilled worker visa

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:23 am

Barring any hiccups or missing details you could get a response as soon as the next day. If your U.K. immigration history and current status is normal and without issues and you have an unblemished immigration history across the world it should be a very quick response.

Out of interest what visa are you currently in the U.K. under and what is the expiry date of the visa?

laulau
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by laulau » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:37 am

I am under a skilled worker Visa sponsored by my current employer
my visa started in July 2022 and it hAs 5 years validity ( BRP expires 31 -12-2024 but because i undertood all BRP will be replaced by full digital status)
Now i m changing employer simply because I like thi new job more and pay is much higher . Did not have any issues with my past employer .. it s voluntary resignation

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:37 am

Based on your circumstances all should be fine.

Is there something your are particularly worried about?

laulau
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by laulau » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:05 pm

as usual the immigration lawyers are on delay and they ll submit my application early next week. So I'll have 7-8 days of buffer ( plus the 5 working days required) to fly outside of the country. My fear is that for whatever reason the home office won t approve my application . i heard many cases and it seems that UK admin for in country application does not work so well

do you know if i travel outside of the UK while the application is in process will cause any real problem for EU passport holder? ( non visa nationals)

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:14 am

I would not anticipate any issues because your current visa is still valid.
It takes months for visas to get cancelled so you are free to use that until it does get cancelled or is replaced with the new visa.

laulau
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by laulau » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:55 am

ok but what if i enter in the UK border and the e gate is not working for me and i need to pass via immigration officer. he will see that i have an application in process for switching employer . do you think that he will make the application invalid even if i still have the right to enter with my past visa?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:57 am

The BFO is concerned about one thing - do you have current leave. It’s a yes or no. You are a Yes👍

laulau
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by laulau » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:27 pm

ok thank you. Let's see if i will receive the decision within the expected timeline