ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office acknowledgement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DasSys
Newly Registered
India

Documenting countries visited or travelled through

Post by DasSys » Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:17 pm

Hello members,

The question in the application is:
Which countries did you visit or travel through when absent from the UK and Crown Dependencies?

Do we have to mention the transit countries?

For e.g. My final destination is country A but I have to take a connecting flight through country B. Should I be documenting country A & B or just A?

Thanks in Advance for your suggestions.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Documenting countries visited or travelled through

Post by lolo2 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:16 pm

If you didn't leave the airport in B - i.e. didn't get a stamp on your passport - no need to mention it in your application.

You will be able to submit the stamped pages on your passport showing countries visited in the qualifying period.

DasSys
Newly Registered
India

Re: Documenting countries visited or travelled through

Post by DasSys » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:26 pm

Thanks lolo2

DasSys
Newly Registered
India

Previous passports for ILR

Post by DasSys » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:06 am

Hi All,
Probably previously asked but couldn't find a post.
The application asks for

"All previous passports, travel documents or
national identity cards that Mr.xxx has used to travel to or remain in the UK"

Do I submit all passports ever used to travel to the UK or only those for the qualifying period only?
I have my Tier 2 (outside ILR qualifying period) on an old passport.

Many thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Previous passports for ILR

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:09 am

Only passports covering the last 5 years is enough
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

DasSys
Newly Registered
India

Re: Previous passports for ILR

Post by DasSys » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:11 am

Thank you zimba

DasSys
Newly Registered
India

Home office acknowledgement

Post by DasSys » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:15 pm

I have made my priority service application with biometrics done on 05/Dec (Set O Skilled Worker + 2 dependants) and all I have received so far is an email from UKVCAS on 5/Dec that the supporting documents have been submitted and that any further update will be from the home office.

I have not received any update from the home office so far. Is it normal for home office to send a update on the application when they start processing? It is odd that it has been 9 working days and I have no update. I have been checking my email thoroughly.

Anyone facing or faced such situation in the recent past?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Home office acknowledgement

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:17 pm

Topics merged.

You don't get an acknowledgement from UKVI when they start looking at your application.

Have you checked your junkmail folder in case there is an email about a delay?

Also note that Priority Service is not a guaranteed service.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DasSys
Newly Registered
India

Post by DasSys » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:34 pm

Thanks CR001. Yes, I have been checking junkmail/spam folders too.

I had called the UKVI support yesterday but they said any escalation is possible only after 15 working days.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:04 pm

That help line is usually not too helpful when advising on these applications.

Last time I checked (on Google) there's an email address to submit a refund request of a priority service fee if UKVI has not provided a decision in time.

DasSys
Newly Registered
India

Priority application processing delay

Post by DasSys » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:42 am

So, having submitted biometrics on 5th December and following up with UKVI contact center on 19th December, I got an email (on 19th Dec) that the application is still in process and that the case worker would contact me if anything is required.

No other communication or update since then. I am starting to panic a little with this delay and lack of communication. Is it prudent to keep following up with the contact center? Anything else I can do? Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Priority application processing delay

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:13 am

DasSys wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:42 am
So, having submitted biometrics on 5th December and following up with UKVI contact center on 19th December, I got an email (on 19th Dec) that the application is still in process and that the case worker would contact me if anything is required.

No other communication or update since then. I am starting to panic a little with this delay and lack of communication. Is it prudent to keep following up with the contact center? Anything else I can do? Thanks.
Priority service is not guaranteed. Wait is what you can do and get intouch with UKVI from time to time if there will be an update.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:06 am

Note that in some circumstances, an ILR application requires a thorough investigation that can take more time. There are no service guarantees as advised. No need for panic as this is standard, wait to hear back
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

DasSys
Newly Registered
India

Priority service fee refund

Post by DasSys » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:47 pm

After 3 months wait with absolutely no communication from UKVI, I finally received ILR.
Given that my case was not declared as non-straight forward and there has been no response to 3 escalations, I am planning to ask for refund of Priority service charges ( 3 applicants and hence a good amount of £1500).

I know priority service timeline is not guaranteed but with communication for not adhering to the service timeline is unusual.

What chance do I have to get a refund? What is the best way to pursue it? Any experiences or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:03 am

DasSys
Newly Registered
India

Post by DasSys » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:53 am

Thank you zimba.