ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application With Photocopy

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SxaDragon
Newly Registered
Italy

Passport Application With Photocopy

Post by SxaDragon » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:45 am

Hey,

I got my naturalisation approved and doing ceremony this week. I want to apply for the passport straight away however I need my Italian passport to travel to Spain as I am currently travelling there and staying with my fiance.

Would the passport office mind if I sent my Italian passport as a photocopy so that I can retain my Italian passport for travel purposes?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Passport Application With Photocopy

Post by meself2 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:57 am

SxaDragon wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:45 am
Would the passport office mind if I sent my Italian passport as a photocopy
They would.
https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult-pa ... d-to-apply
You must send original documents. Photocopies are not accepted.
Postpone your passport application until you're back.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:47 am

SxaDragon wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:45 am
Hey,

I got my naturalisation approved and doing ceremony this week. I want to apply for the passport straight away however I need my Italian passport to travel to Spain as I am currently travelling there and staying with my fiance.

Would the passport office mind if I sent my Italian passport as a photocopy so that I can retain my Italian passport for travel purposes?
Your application would be rejected and you'd lose the money. Bring your naturalisation certificate with you in case you have issues re-entering the country (if you normally use the e-gates this is unlikely to happen).

You can apply for British passport once back and send your original naturalisation certificate and Italian passport. Be mindful not to alter or damage the certificate in any way or it won'r be accepted.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:30 am

I keep seeing reports elsewhere that HMPO accepted colour copies of passports, with a covering letter explaining you need to travel. Can't see it in the published guidance, but it apparently was mention on the list of documents requested.
Don't have an official link.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:06 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:30 am
I keep seeing reports elsewhere that HMPO accepted colour copies of passports, with a covering letter explaining you need to travel. Can't see it in the published guidance, but it apparently was mention on the list of documents requested.
Don't have an official link.
Likely only relevant to those who travel extensively for work.

OP is simply traveling to stay in Spain with their Fiance. Not really a critical reason, he doesn't have to travel.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:25 pm

Also, OP can just use their Italian ID card to visit Spain.
Not sure if he'll be okay to get back, but I assume he can show airlines his ID card and explain himself at the border?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:51 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:25 pm
Also, OP can just use their Italian ID card to visit Spain.
Not sure if he'll be okay to get back, but I assume he can show airlines his ID card and explain himself at the border?
They can show the British naturalisation certificate at the border, it should be OK. I would rather wait and apply for a passport after coming back personally.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.