ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to apply for Asylum

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hrak1978
Member of Standing

How to apply for Asylum

Post by hrak1978 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:08 pm

Hi all Gurus,

I hope everyone is fine.

Please need a guidance, my friend's cousin wants to apply for asylum.

I don’t know the procedure, can he apply by himself? He doesn't have money to pay for solicitor. Can he do it?

Thank you.

Kind Regards
HK
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

alterhase58
Germany

Re: How to apply for Asylum

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:07 pm

The Home Office has a website for that: https://www.gov.uk/claim-asylum
Maybe start there? And keep an eye on the news ...
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Re: How to apply for Asylum

Post by hrak1978 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:35 pm

Much appreciated.

Bundle of thanks
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }