ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrect referee address on submitted application. Should I upload a cover letter explaining?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Incorrect referee address on submitted application. Should I upload a cover letter explaining?

Post by Driver27 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:05 pm

I have already submitted my naturalisation application but haven't had the BRP appointment yet. I can still upload documents on the online portal.
One of the referees gave me the incorrect address, it was clearly a typo. Instead of No 118, I have put 18 on the application form. Since it is submitted, I can no longer ammend it.

Can I upload a cover letter explaining the error? Would that be sufficient or would I need to send them an email or something?

Thank you

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Incorrect referee address on submitted application. Should I upload a cover letter explaining?

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:08 pm

Yes, explain the typo in the cover letter and upload it before you attend your biometrics appointment. Make sure it is correct on the referee form that you will upload.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Re: Incorrect referee address on submitted application. Should I upload a cover letter explaining?

Post by Driver27 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:14 pm

Thank you for the reply.
I will upload a cover letter explaining it, however the referee form doesn't ask for the referee's address.
This is the form I'll be submitting - https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

Thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:41 pm

My apologies I misremembered the form. Yes just state the correction in the cover letter.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Driver27
Sri Lanka

Post by Driver27 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:55 pm

That's great. Thank you again.