ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Share Code to Prove Immigration Status

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

Share Code to Prove Immigration Status

Post by ruzfactor » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:01 pm

Hi all,

My wife received ILR recently. A mortgage provider is asking for share code to prove immigration status. We provided her right to work share code (shows no limit to stay in UK) which they are not accepting. We tried to access the prove immigration website using passport and other details used during ILR application. But it is not working. Has any one with ILR (long residency route) used this service before? Thanks.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Share Code to Prove Immigration Status

Post by lolo2 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:12 pm

You also can send them a copy of the BRP.

I personally have experienced that some "renowned" service providers in the UK - in this day and age - have no clue on how to use or verify a share code to check an immigration status.

ruzfactor
Bangladesh

Post by ruzfactor » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:46 pm

Thanks for the reply. We did send the BRP initially. But, they are keep asking for a share code!

razergd1
Israel

Post by razergd1 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:20 pm

ILR BRP is a proof of status is the UK for every purpose other then right to rent/work. You can't get status code unless you have a dedicated UKVI account for it.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.
I take no responsibility for following them.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:20 pm

https://www.gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status

You will probably be aware of the link above but it might also be worthwhile making the mortgage company aware too.