ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement Via Surinder Singh Route For Non EEA Spouse

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Annonymous

EU Settlement Via Surinder Singh Route For Non EEA Spouse

Post by Annonymous » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:50 pm

Dear Group Members,

I am a British Citizen who have worked in EU countries and my wife is a Pakistani National. I applied for my wife's visa under the Surinder Singh Route and she received it for 5 years in 2019 and it'll expire in Nov-2024. Prior to this visa she held the UK spouse visa for 3 years.

My question is the following.

When is the earliest I can apply for my wife's EU settlement visa?
I tried using the EU Exit Document app and it is not allowing me to fill my nationality as a British Citizen.
My wife does not work any where in UK as we have young kids and she looks after the kids they are asking for her NI number but not sure if this will help.

Please help me by sharing your experiences and guide me which will help me in my spouse case.
Thank you.
1st Visa Application 20 12 2013
1st Visa Refusal 05 06 2014
2nd Visa Application 20 March 2015
2nd Visa Refusal 04 06 2015
Appealed 26 06 2015
Review Deadline 11th November 2015
By the Grace of Almighty Allah Appeal Allowed On 08th July 2016

alterhase58
Germany

Re: EU Settlement Via Surinder Singh Route For Non EEA Spouse

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:05 pm

Not familiar with the intricacies of Surinder Singh.
I was under the impression that this route was finally closed for late application in late August 2023.
Re the EU app - British citizens can't use that app or apply for Settled Status for someone else. The person must must apply themselves. Who is asking for the NI number? Can't really advise on what your next steps should be.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:59 pm

Dear group members,

Thank you so much for your replies.

My question is my wife already received an EU pre-settled status using Surinder Singh route my question is it is coming to an end after 5 years time period I thought we should apply for the settled status in my opinion the Surinder Singh route was only to get to the 1st stage which was pre settled status and now we just have to apply for the settled status please help me cause I think there’ll be no more discussion or mention of the initial Surinder Singh it should be treated as a normal EU settled status please correct me if I’m wrong.

Looking forward for your invaluable advices.

Thank you.
Appealed 26 06 2015

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:26 am

Dear Group Members,

Any updates on my query/request please ?

My wife BRC is only saying EU Pre Settled Status, which I have received through Surinder Singh Route, now my question is as it is coming to it expiry how can I be able to apply for my wife's settled status from pre settled status.

My another question is my wife also needs to pass Life in the UK exam to apply for EU settled status.

Admins or other any other group members who have successfully applied for the EU settled status and would like to share their experiences/advise for me please.

Thank you.
Appealed 26 06 2015

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:32 pm

How she received the Pre-settled status is not relevant. You can apply for Settled status if she has held the pre-settled status for 5 years. Bear in mind you have to count it to the day. So if her pre-settled was granted on 25 January 2019, you can only apply on 25 January 2024 and not a day earlier.

The ID app you can use on her behalf. You don't need to put in your passport or anything else.

The NI number they ask for but thats relevant only if she had been working full time for the past 5 years so they could check with HMRC to prove that she has been 'resident'. Since that is not the case, you will need to provide evidence like bank statements in her name or joint account, utility bills etc.

When filling out the application, you will also need her UAN (Unique Application Number) from the pre-settled application. If you don't have that, you can call the Resolution center and they would tell you.

Life in the UK and English language tests are for naturalisation. You don't need those for Settled status.

Good luck!

Annonymous

Post by Annonymous » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:04 pm

eubritish wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:32 pm

How she received the Pre-settled status is not relevant. You can apply for Settled status if she has held the pre-settled status for 5 years. Bear in mind you have to count it to the day. So if her pre-settled was granted on 25 January 2019, you can only apply on 25 January 2024 and not a day earlier.

The ID app you can use on her behalf. You don't need to put in your passport or anything else.

The NI number they ask for but thats relevant only if she had been working full time for the past 5 years so they could check with HMRC to prove that she has been 'resident'. Since that is not the case, you will need to provide evidence like bank statements in her name or joint account, utility bills etc.

When filling out the application, you will also need her UAN (Unique Application Number) from the pre-settled application. If you don't have that, you can call the Resolution center and they would tell you.

Life in the UK and English language tests are for naturalisation. You don't need those for Settled status.

Good luck!
Thank you so much for the extremely invaluable reply.
Appealed 26 06 2015