ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Spouse Visa Extension Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bolero
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR (M) Spouse Visa Extension Questions

Post by Bolero » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:51 pm

Hello everyone, I’m in the process of applying for a spouse visa extension for my husband and have a few questions about the application form and required documentation.

What family or friends do you have in the country where you were born and/or any other country whose nationality you hold?

How much detail should I provide here, do I have to list names? Even with friends?

Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?

Is this just referring to the original spouse visa application reference number?

Accommodation We rent our accommodation from a family member. All bills are in our name but we do not have a tenancy agreement. Will it be enough to obtain a letter from the family member stating that we have permission to live there? If so do we also have to provide their land registry document and bank statements showing proof of payment of rent?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) Spouse Visa Extension Questions

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:56 am

Bolero wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:51 pm
Hello everyone, I’m in the process of applying for a spouse visa extension for my husband and have a few questions about the application form and required documentation.

What family or friends do you have in the country where you were born and/or any other country whose nationality you hold?

How much detail should I provide here, do I have to list names? Even with friends? Close immediate family members can be mentioned with relationship, no need for indepth details

Do you have any Home Office reference numbers?

Is this just referring to the original spouse visa application reference number?

Accommodation We rent our accommodation from a family member. All bills are in our name but we do not have a tenancy agreement. Will it be enough to obtain a letter from the family member stating that we have permission to live there? If so do we also have to provide their land registry document and bank statements showing proof of payment of rent? Search online for Tenancy Agreement forms, this can be downloaded and filled

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Bolero
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bolero » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:57 am

I’m fine tuning the application and need to clarify some more of the questions.

Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country?

Optionally, I will provide the following documents:
Evidence to support my claim it would be difficult or impossible to integrate and establish a private life outside the UK

I’ve answered ‘yes’ and explained why we can’t establish family life in my spouse’s native country. I know it says optionally but other than an explanation are the HO expecting anything else here?

What amount of savings are held in this account in GBP?
(Required)
Only include funds that have been in your account for the last 6 months or where you have liquidated or transferred eligible assets or funds that you have owned and controlled for 6 months

We’re using cash savings to cover the full required amount. The balance has fluctuated but meets the requirement and has not dropped below the threshold in the last six months.

Do I declare the lowest balance the account reached over the six months altogether or the lowest balance only at point of monthly statement issue?

Bolero
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bolero » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:14 pm

Also, this question:

Do you and your partner have any shared financial responsibilities?

Please list your shared financial responsibilities and how much you each pay each month

Are they asking for me to outline how finances are managed/split overall or only about things that have both of our names?

Utility bills are mostly in my name apart from one which is in joint names. We do not have a joint bank account and some utilities are paid by me, others by my spouse. I pay the rent.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:12 pm

Bolero wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:14 pm
Also, this question:

Please list your shared financial responsibilities and how much you each pay each month

Are they asking for me to outline how finances are managed/split overall or only about things that have both of our names?

Utility bills are mostly in my name apart from one which is in joint names. We do not have a joint bank account and some utilities are paid by me, others by my spouse. I pay the rent.
What you outlined above is alright. List and state amount. This is no deal breaker for your application.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:13 pm

Bolero wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:57 am
I’m fine tuning the application and need to clarify some more of the questions.

Are there any factors which would make it difficult or impossible for you to integrate and establish a private life in that country?

Optionally, I will provide the following documents:
Evidence to support my claim it would be difficult or impossible to integrate and establish a private life outside the UK

I’ve answered ‘yes’ and explained why we can’t establish family life in my spouse’s native country. I know it says optionally but other than an explanation are the HO expecting anything else here? No

What amount of savings are held in this account in GBP?
(Required)
Only include funds that have been in your account for the last 6 months or where you have liquidated or transferred eligible assets or funds that you have owned and controlled for 6 months

We’re using cash savings to cover the full required amount. The balance has fluctuated but meets the requirement and has not dropped below the threshold in the last six months.

Do I declare the lowest balance the account reached over the six months altogether or the lowest balance only at point of monthly statement issue?
Lowest balance of last 6months which meets or exceeds the requirement.

Bolero
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bolero » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:33 am

Thanks for your help so far.

Please list all extended family members this child has in the UK that are not included on this application

Non-applying children question. We have a lot of extended family. It doesn’t specify here to list names, so do we need to do that? How much detail do we have to give, the child has aunts/uncles, cousins, grandparents, great aunts/uncles, second cousins and more. We don’t know everyone’s full name as culturally honorifics and nicknames are usually used.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:50 am

Bolero wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:33 am

Please list all extended family members this child has in the UK that are not included on this application

Non-applying children question. We have a lot of extended family. It doesn’t specify here to list names, so do we need to do that? How much detail do we have to give, the child has aunts/uncles, cousins, grandparents, great aunts/uncles, second cousins and more. We don’t know everyone’s full name as culturally honorifics and nicknames are usually used.
I thought the application was for your spouse. What has your child got to do with it??

If the child is British, as I'm guessing, you don't need to fill all that.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Turki
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Turki » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:07 pm

HI ,
No need to mention names, and no need to mention all the relatives of the child..
u can mention as... uncles, Aunties, Grand father grand mother.. that's it.

Turki
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Turki » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:08 pm

Bolero wrote:

HI ,
No need to mention names, and no need to mention all the relatives of the child..
u can mention as... uncles, Aunties, Grand father grand mother.. that's it.

Turki
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Turki » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:10 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:12 pm
Bolero wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:14 pm
Also, this question:

You can mention No... bc both don't have financial responsibility together..
What you outlined above is alright. List and state amount. This is no deal breaker for your application.

Bolero
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Bolero » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:50 am
Bolero wrote:

I thought the application was for your spouse. What has your child got to do with it??

If the child is British, as I'm guessing, you don't need to fill all that.

Yes it’s a spouse visa extension application but the form still has questions about non-applying children.

Finally ready to submit, thanks for your help everyone!