ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Entrepreneur to ILR- Covid-19 absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

boraoo111222
Newly Registered
China

Tier 1 Entrepreneur to ILR- Covid-19 absence

Post by boraoo111222 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:51 pm

Hi

I would like to ask about my ILR application, I am under T1 entrepreneur, my business runs well, all related documents already be prepared, only one problem I need some advices, From 2020/01-2021/09, I back to China, due to Covid-19 my flight keep be cancelled monthly. I totally booked 3 times different flights, and changed by 9 times, China Covid-19 policy is extremely strict, direct flight between China-UK is unavailable and only very limited flights so very difficult to buy ticket, I keep flight cancellation notice via SMS from airplane, the E-tickets I booked and the related police also available to access via official website or news report.

Whether these evidence could be accepted by home office? if not enough, what else should be provide?

Anyone have same situation but ILR application successful?

Your kindly advice will be very helpful.

Thank you so much.

boraoo111222
Newly Registered
China

Re: Tier 1 Entrepreneur to ILR- Covid-19 absence

Post by boraoo111222 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:01 pm

Anyone could give some advice pls?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:05 pm

It is up to UKVI to apply discretion. I suggest to provide whatever you have and they will decide
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:11 pm

boraoo111222 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:51 pm
Hi

I would like to ask about my ILR application, I am under T1 entrepreneur, my business runs well, all related documents already be prepared, only one problem I need some advices, From 2020/01-2021/09, I back to China, due to Covid-19 my flight keep be cancelled monthly. I totally booked 3 times different flights, and changed by 9 times, China Covid-19 policy is extremely strict, direct flight between China-UK is unavailable and only very limited flights so very difficult to buy ticket, I keep flight cancellation notice via SMS from airplane, the E-tickets I booked and the related police also available to access via official website or news report.

Whether these evidence could be accepted by home office? if not enough, what else should be provide?

Thank you so much.
I haven't seen any official waiver of the 180 day rule because of COVID. HO does have the ability to waive the requirement for ‘serious or compelling’ reasons.
So you will just have to apply, attach all the evidence and mention that you are seeking waiver of the absence requirement.
Hopefully it will be accepted as you seem to have a genuine case.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

boraoo111222
Newly Registered
China

Post by boraoo111222 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:29 pm

marcnath wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:11 pm
boraoo111222 wrote:
Hi

Thank you so much.
I haven't seen any official waiver of the 180 day rule because of COVID. HO does have the ability to waive the requirement for ‘serious or compelling’ reasons.
So you will just have to apply, attach all the evidence and mention that you are seeking waiver of the absence requirement.
Thank you so much, I will do that. whether is full details statement is better(like list every time cancellation time point, what kind of policy, how impact with the flight disruption?)

boraoo111222
Newly Registered
China

Post by boraoo111222 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:48 pm

zimba wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:05 pm
It is up to UKVI to apply discretion. I suggest to provide whatever you have and they will decide
Thank you so much ,will do that.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:00 pm

boraoo111222 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:29 pm
marcnath wrote:
boraoo111222 wrote:
Hi

Thank you so much.
Thank you so much, I will do that. whether is full details statement is better(like list every time cancellation time point, what kind of policy, how impact with the flight disruption?)
Whenever requesting for a waiver or special consideration best is to provide full details.

boraoo111222
Newly Registered
China

Post by boraoo111222 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:05 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:00 pm
boraoo111222 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:29 pm
marcnath wrote:
boraoo111222 wrote:
Hi

Thank you so much.
Whenever requesting for a waiver or special consideration best is to provide full details.
ok,thank you, btw, my gov offical advice "do not travel aboard during that period avoid infection risk" also accesse via gov website. whether this also could be parts of travel disruption evidence"?