ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check supporting documents and a few questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ktyagi
India

Answer to "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"

Post by ktyagi » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:26 pm

Hi everyone,
Am in the process of applying for UK citizenship after getting my ILR in Jan2021. There is this one question that am confused about, well not really confused about the answer but really how much detail is needed?

the question is "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"
I have made several applications in the last 15 years - first a visitor to a research lab in 2010, then T4 visa, then T4 DES visa, T2 visa and T2 extension, then ILR. Similar set for my wife. I wont have much details for visitor, T4 and T4 DES visas. Are all of these needed to be detailed? Or I can get away with as much information as I can provide?

Thanks in advance!

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Answer to "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:14 pm

Provide as much detail as you can - worth looking back in emails to find all the information you have. If you remember you applied but can't source details you can do a SAR with UKVI for extra peace of mind or explain in a cover letter that you don't remember details of some applications.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

ktyagi
India

Re: Answer to "Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?"

Post by ktyagi » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:26 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:14 pm
Provide as much detail as you can - worth looking back in emails to find all the information you have. If you remember you applied but can't source details you can do a SAR with UKVI for extra peace of mind or explain in a cover letter that you don't remember details of some applications.
Thank you, I managed to dig out all the information, previous applications, emails, etc.

But I have a follow up question please. I have added my wife in the same application and similar questions now appear for her regarding previous applications- 'Name in which you made the application' and `Enter your reference number if known'.
I was always the main applicant, so my name appears on the top of the application - so here should it be my name or her name?
`

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:36 pm

ktyagi wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:26 pm
But I have a follow up question please. I have added my wife in the same application and similar questions now appear for her regarding previous applications- 'Name in which you made the application' and `Enter your reference number if known'.
I was always the main applicant, so my name appears on the top of the application - so here should it be my name or her name?
It is asking about HER applications, so you put HER name and details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ktyagi
India

Check supporting documents and a few questions

Post by ktyagi » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:05 am

Hi everyone,

Just submitted our (missus and myself) naturalisation application and paid the fees. Now have to book an appointment and upload documents! Have a few questions regarding the documents am looking to upload and it would be great if I can get a sense check just to be sure. So here is the list and questions next to it.

1. Passports:
a. Do all pages need to be scanned?
b. Do we need to write a cover letter detailing which pages have immigration stamps to corroborate the away dates from UK?

2. Proof of living in the UK for 5 years:
a. P60 for both of us from the last 5 years, and a letter from employer for the missus because her P60 only shows our current address on all the P60s (some system limitation), even for the time period where we lived at a different address.
b. Council tax letter for 5 years.

3. Current BRPs - back and front.
4. Degree certificates for English language fluency.
5. Two referee declarations:
Q: do these need to be scanned and uploaded as well?

All of these documents need to be taken to the appointment also?

Many thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Check supporting documents and a few questions

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:08 am

1a. Yes
1b. No

2a. You only need your passports, nothing else!
2b. See 2a above.

3. Correct

4. Are these uk degrees?

5. Yes they must be.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ktyagi
India

Post by ktyagi » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:08 am
1a. Yes
1b. No

2a. You only need your passports, nothing else!
2b. See 2a above.

3. Correct

4. Are these uk degrees?

5. Yes they must be.
Thanks CR001. So for showing 5 years of living in the UK, our Indian passports are enough? Would they look at the stamps from departures from UK and arrival back? Asking because the checklist says "Proof of living in the UK for Mr xxx yyy for 5 years if applying in your own right ". And my current passport does not cover all of the last five years. I.e. I got a new passport in 2021, so only 3 years are covered in that!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:41 pm

Include both passports for the five year period.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.