ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Did IHS increase approved now?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RajaHindustani
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Did IHS increase approved now?

Post by RajaHindustani » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:17 pm

Dear All,

Did the IHS got approved in both the house now? From the https://statutoryinstruments.parliament ... e/7Up5lZZt.. it looks like it they didn't agree on it on first sitting

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Did IHS increase approved now?

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:24 pm

This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:33 pm

RajaHindustani wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:17 pm
it looks like it they didn't agree on it on first sitting
Where did you get that from?

The Delegated Legislation Committee only met once, yesterday, and approved it without dissent.

The Statutory Instrument was introduced in October, but no progress was made because of prorogation and State Opening (which shuts down and restarts all public business in Parliament). The Lords approved it last month and the Commons will formally approve it next week.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

RajaHindustani
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by RajaHindustani » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:31 am

Thank you @secret.simon. is it formally approved now?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:25 am

RajaHindustani wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:31 am
Thank you @secret.simon . is it formally approved now?
Yes, it was formally approved on Monday (Paragraph 7(2) of the Votes and Proceedings). It will now be made (signed by a minister) formally and will come into effect 21 days after the date it is made.

It's not on the legislation.go.uk website, so I don't know if it has not been made yet or if it has been made, but not uploaded to the site yet.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:31 pm

The Immigration (Health Charge) (Amendment) Order 2024 was made on 16th January 2024 and will come into force (and thus the IHS will increase) on the 21st day after that date (6th February 2024).

RajaHindustani
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by RajaHindustani » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:47 am

Thank you so much @secret.simon