ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absences from the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Faqasim
Jordan

Absences from the UK

Post by Faqasim » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:57 pm

Hello Team,

I have two questions about travels.

1. Does it have a bad affect on my AN citizenship application if I have 88 days of absences in the last 12 months, or would it be ok as long as it is less than the maximum allowed absences (90 days)?

2. Are there any restrictions on the travels/absences that I should be careful about after submitting the application and attending the biometrics appointment?

Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Absences from the UK

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:27 pm

Faqasim wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:57 pm
Hello Team,

I have two questions about travels.

1. Does it have a bad affect on my AN citizenship application if I have 88 days of absences in the last 12 months, or would it be ok as long as it is less than the maximum allowed absences (90 days)?
Why would it have a bad effect - you are below the maximum allowed - beats me why you are worried?

2. Are there any restrictions on the travels/absences that I should be careful about after submitting the application and attending the biometrics appointment?
Travel after submitting your application are not relevant, how would they know you travel, are you worried about some of your travel plans? Biometrics appointment date is irrelevant.

Thanks!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:51 am

You are below the absence limit - no problem there. As far as you attend the appointment within the time limit (I think 45 working days) you can travel after you applied.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:58 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:51 am
You are below the absence limit - no problem there. As far as you attend the appointment within the time limit (I think 45 working days) you can travel after you applied.
Correct, within 45days of application submission.

SupperDog
United Kingdom

Post by SupperDog » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:39 pm

You can have up to 100 days absence in the last 12 months. So 88 days is 12 days less you are fine.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:15 am

SupperDog wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:39 pm
You can have up to 100 days absence in the last 12 months. So 88 days is 12 days less you are fine.
The limit is 90, up to 100 normally disregarded. OP is fine
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

SupperDog
United Kingdom

Post by SupperDog » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:15 pm

Yes that's what I mean. Normally 100 days are fine so 88 days are absolutely fine.