ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Employment Letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fthchdn
Newly Registered
Philippines

ILR Employment Letter

Post by fthchdn » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:09 pm

I’m about to apply for ILR next week. On my employment letter, it says that I am still needed for my job in the foreseeable future, current pay rate, SOC, and annual leaves that I have taken. It doesn’t have any confirmation the my current pay rate rate is at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for tier 2 sponsors. Will I have a problem with the application or should the current pay rate showing enough?

zxyzhgp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Employment Letter

Post by zxyzhgp » Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:19 pm

I am also doing ILR now and my letter mentions that my current salary is higher than that of the going rate of my SOC code.

But I did not mention "code of practice for tier 2 sponsor" because I think skilled worker visa replaced the original Tier 2 and the term code of practice is actually very old. Now people use going rate for that .

You will also see note 8 blah blah but I think that is also obsolete

Still need experts from this forum to confirm

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:17 am

You should not have a problem, the letter appears to be in order.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:24 am

fthchdn wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:09 pm
It doesn’t have any confirmation the my current pay rate rate is at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for tier 2 sponsors. Will I have a problem with the application or should the current pay rate showing enough?
That's not an issue.

Such statement is not required in the letter. The caseworker will check if the salary meets the minimum requirements anyway. You also can check that yourself before submission if you wish.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:54 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice