ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR results

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dko
United Kingdom

SAR results

Post by dko » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:11 pm

Hello all,some one needs help. They received their SAR results but not sure what's going on as their are no notes on file regarding the progress of their application since April. The case worker note section is blank and nothing redacted.They were advised there were complex issues but nothing is written in the file notes which could be interpreted as no case worker has even been assigned. Any ideas please. Sorry i can't find option to post a screen shot.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: SAR results

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:15 pm

Has your friend escalated through their MP? Could be worth a shot. The "complex issues" email is standard when an application exceeds the standard processing times and not necessarily an indication of what exactly is going on.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

dko
United Kingdom

Post by dko » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:19 pm

They have not contacted MP yet. They also found two alias names on the notes from old applications. Could this be an issue too?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:48 pm

Yes, that could be an issue if there are people with a similar name that have been involved in dodgy activities. I would perhaps suggest a SAR/DBS check or similar (not sure what the most appropriate option is) with the police to see if these aliases have been used for dodgy activities and that is what is holding up the application. Worth chasing through the MP too.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:25 pm

You can apply for SAR with the police to show records on the police computer tho. In the application you can add other names if you used any other in the past.

dko
United Kingdom

Post by dko » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:58 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:48 pm
Yes, that could be an issue if there are people with a similar name that have been involved in dodgy activities. I would perhaps suggest a SAR/DBS check or similar (not sure what the most appropriate option is) with the police to see if these aliases have been used for dodgy activities and that is what is holding up the application. Worth chasing through the MP too.
Thank you for your advice. Is the SAR with the police different from what they receive? What I don't understand is why there are no notes or redacted information from the case worker to suggest a follow up is being made. Will.advise they contact the MP.

dko
United Kingdom

Post by dko » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:01 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
The names are just distorted in different order and others with spelling errors. Will advise they contact the MP in the first instance. They are more concerned that it has not been allocated to a casework coking to 9 months now.

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:03 pm

SAR with the police will show the records that the police hold on their computer against your name. This has nothing to do with immigration SAR

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:53 pm

dko wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:01 pm
contorted_svy wrote:
The names are just distorted in different order and others with spelling errors. Will advise they contact the MP in the first instance. They are more concerned that it has not been allocated to a casework coking to 9 months now.
Advise they should contact their MP and explain that there are some aliases that don't correspond to your friend. Hope that helps.

Darejames
Germany

Post by Darejames » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:07 pm

Hi all,
Can someone shed light on this SAR question. Regarding submitting document list...
1..Do you have to post the documents because the email provided at the end is not working...

SARUOnlineID@homeoffice.gov.uk
thanks in advance

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:23 pm

I used that email in 2022 and it worked... maybe try subjectaccessrequest@homeoffice.gov.uk

dko
United Kingdom

Post by dko » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:53 pm

Darejames wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:07 pm
Hi all,
Can someone shed light on this SAR question. Regarding submitting document list...
1..Do you have to post the documents because the email provided at the end is not working...

SARUOnlineID@homeoffice.gov.uk
thanks in advance
My friend says its the same one they sent to SARUOnlineID@homeoffice.gov.uk

dko
United Kingdom

Post by dko » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:55 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:53 pm
dko wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:01 pm
contorted_svy wrote:
Advise they should contact their MP and explain that there are some aliases that don't correspond to your friend. Hope that helps.
Thank you. They have emailed the MP hopefully they can help. Worth the try. Will come back with an update!!

Darejames
Germany

Post by Darejames » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:02 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:23 pm
I used that email in 2022 and it worked... maybe try subjectaccessrequest@homeoffice.gov.uk
thanks All,

will try it again. Maybe because I clicked on the standard checklist first and I got an address with a barcode at the top requesting me to send it to the Croydon address.