ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reckonable Residence and the 70 day rule

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mfinnin
Newly Registered
United States of America

Reckonable Residence and the 70 day rule

Post by mfinnin » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:07 am

I understand that with the new rule changes you can be out of Ireland for 70 days each year and that year would still count as reckonable residence. However, I am a bit confused about how you demonstrate this information during the application process. You have to fill out the Reckonable Residence Calculator and send a copy in with the application, but that form only asks for the dates of your stamps(stamp 1-5), not the dates in/out of the country (if I'm understanding correctly.) So then, how do they know if you have exceeded your 70-day allowance? Thanks.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Reckonable Residence and the 70 day rule

Post by meself2 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:13 am

They have ways, eg PNR.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

wandervender
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by wandervender » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:46 pm

meself2 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:13 am
They have ways, eg PNR.
What is PNR?

lxk
Ireland

Post by lxk » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:37 am

According to Google; PNR = Passenger Name Records.

Danini___
Ireland

Post by Danini___ » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:35 pm

mfinnin wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:07 am
I understand that with the new rule changes you can be out of Ireland for 70 days each year and that year would still count as reckonable residence. However, I am a bit confused about how you demonstrate this information during the application process. You have to fill out the Reckonable Residence Calculator and send a copy in with the application, but that form only asks for the dates of your stamps(stamp 1-5), not the dates in/out of the country (if I'm understanding correctly.) So then, how do they know if you have exceeded your 70-day allowance? Thanks.
What i understand is the 70 days rule only applies to the year before we submit the application, is that correct?

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:49 pm

Danini___ wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:35 pm
mfinnin wrote:
What i understand is the 70 days rule only applies to the year before we submit the application, is that correct?
No, it applies before and after application. Any 365 day period with less than 70 days out of country can be considered 365 days of reckonable residency. In years 1 to 4 365 day periods with more than 70 days absences have to be made up in their entirety. I’m the 5th 365 day period absences greater than 70 days can/are a reason to reject the application. After submission absences greater than 70 days need to be reported to department.

Danini___
Ireland

Post by Danini___ » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:36 am

Vadrar wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:49 pm
Danini___ wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:35 pm
mfinnin wrote:
No, it applies before and after application. Any 365 day period with less than 70 days out of country can be considered 365 days of reckonable residency. In years 1 to 4 365 day periods with more than 70 days absences have to be made up in their entirety. I’m the 5th 365 day period absences greater than 70 days can/are a reason to reject the application. After submission absences greater than 70 days need to be reported to department.
Hi Vadrar, thanks for your explanation!