ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application and BRP renewal

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

2013uk
Newly Registered

Citizenship application and BRP renewal

Post by 2013uk » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:16 pm

Hello

I hope someone can advise on my current situation? I am due to apply for my Uk citizenship next week. My current indefinite leave remain BRP will expire in May 24.
I have a few trips booked in the coming months so I am trying to see the best way to be able to travel and have my citizenship & BRP application done, or just one (preferable citizenship)

BRP application: already submitted in Dec 2023, it mentions on the application that it can take up to 6 months for it to be ready. Does anyone know if I am able to keep my current BrP during the time of the application? And if I am able to travel while application it is been processed?

British citizenship: I would like to apply for it next weekend, I guess there no problem to do that while my BrP renewal application is processing, does anyone know?

Ideally I would like to only do the citizenship application but I am afraid that if it takes 6 months I might be able to do any trips after May 24, as my BRP would have expired. Any advise will be much appreciate it.

Thank you

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship application and BRP renewal

Post by MuhammadM86 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:22 pm

2013uk wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:16 pm
Hello

I hope someone can advise on my current situation? I am due to apply for my Uk citizenship next week. My current indefinite leave remain BRP will expire in May 24.
I have a few trips booked in the coming months so I am trying to see the best way to be able to travel and have my citizenship & BRP application done, or just one (preferable citizenship)

BRP application: already submitted in Dec 2023, it mentions on the application that it can take up to 6 months for it to be ready. Does anyone know if I am able to keep my current BrP during the time of the application? And if I am able to travel while application it is been processed? Yes

British citizenship: I would like to apply for it next weekend, I guess there no problem to do that while my BrP renewal application is processing, does anyone know? there shouldn't be any problem there

Ideally I would like to only do the citizenship application but I am afraid that if it takes 6 months I might be able to do any trips after May 24, as my BRP would have expired. Any advise will be much appreciate it.

Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 2:38 pm

BRP is evidence of status. Status doesn’t expire. No issue. Even if passport expires no issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

2013uk
Newly Registered

Post by 2013uk » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:01 pm

Thank you so much to both for your quick response.