ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Submit another application to choose priority service

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

awsc
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Submit another application to choose priority service

Post by awsc » Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:10 pm

Hi all,

I submitted an ILR application Set (O) on 1 Oct 2023 under Hong Kong British National (Overseas) category via a standard service, and attended my biometrics appointment in mid Oct, however, I'm still yet to hear anything back after waiting for over 3 months.

After submitting my application, priority service has been made available for the BNO category ILR applicant around end of Oct 2023.
Now I'm wondering if I submit a new ILR application and choose the priority service, is it a vary of application and hence I can get a refund of my original application fee?

Thanks,
AW

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Submit another application to choose priority service

Post by zimba » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:12 pm

Super priority applications do not have ANY service guarantees. You may apply again and end up in the same situation as waiting
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:58 pm

If you apply again as Zimba states, not only could you be the waiting the same, it could get worse. You could even find your application drops to the back of the queue.

It is a lot of money to potentially achieve very little.

awsc
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by awsc » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:11 pm

Thanks both, that makes sense.

I'll be patient. Especially just saw from the timeline thread that a BNO route application got approved after 3.5 months.

That thread mentioned he/she wrote to HO and got approved after few days. Does any one know which email I can write to please?
I tried to find online but there is only a telephone no. to call which I've already done so but not much they can do.

Systemerror
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by Systemerror » Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:38 pm

awsc wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 4:10 pm
Hi all,

I submitted an ILR application Set (O) on 1 Oct 2023 under Hong Kong British National (Overseas) category via a standard service, and attended my biometrics appointment in mid Oct, however, I'm still yet to hear anything back after waiting for over 3 months.

After submitting my application, priority service has been made available for the BNO category ILR applicant around end of Oct 2023.
Now I'm wondering if I submit a new ILR application and choose the priority service, is it a vary of application and hence I can get a refund of my original application fee?

Thanks,
AW
Hi, do you know what type of financial requirements are needed when applying for ILR via BNO? I can't seem to find the information anywhere.

thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:40 pm

There is no financial requirement for ILR under the Hong Kong BNO route. : https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _route.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zxyzhgp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zxyzhgp » Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:15 am

There is no financial requirement for ILR using Hong Kong BNO
but do not surprise Home office ask for financial documents after you submit your visa application (e.g. cases reported already, you can find it on Youtube)

Also do be careful UK global tax system (e.g. MPF, selling your apartment in HK)

I am from HK but I did not use BNO for ILR so I am not very familiar with this part