ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Variation application - queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BuffaloJax
Newly Registered
United States of America

Variation application - queries

Post by BuffaloJax » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:06 pm

Hello everyone,

I hope I can get a few queries answered and thank you in advance if you can help. :)

Below are the dates my visas were granted.

22 March to 2021
LTR - Appendix FM
D- LTRPT1.1, meeting requirements a, b & c

20 March 2018
LTR - Appendix FM
D- LTRPT1.1, meeting requirements a, b & c

9 Apr 2015
LOTR - Article 8

I very stupidly put the wrong application in and got this message:
On 23 July 2023 you applied for permission to stay on the basis of your Private Life. However, it is noted that you fail to meet the validity requirements as you have never held leave to remain in the UK on the basis of your Private Life.

Please consider whether you wish to proceed with your current application or whether you would like to vary this application. You may want to seek independent immigration advice.

If you do decide to vary your application, you will need to pay a fee for the new application and you will then receive a refund of the fee for your application on the basis of your Private Life.

We will hold your current application for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of your Private Life for 14 days from the date of this notice.

If you would like to vary this application, you should submit a new application and we will treat that as a variation and decide that application instead of your application for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of your Private Life.

If we have not received a new application from you by 13 December 2023, your application for indefinite leave to remain on the basis of your Private Life will be rejected.

Questions: Will I need to re-do my biometrics?
He can I submit more documents (employment verification)? I still have access to my UKVCAS account but don’t know if the newly uploaded documents will be sent if I don’t do another biometrics.
Is Set M the correct application (5 year parent route)?

Thank you all.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Variation application - queries

Post by zimba » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:14 pm

It will be a fresh SET(M) application from scratch. You apply online, put the UAN of your current application if asked, pay and submit again, and book and enrol Biometrics again. Documents must be reuploaded. This will be a totally separate application !
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

BuffaloJax
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by BuffaloJax » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:36 pm

Thank you so so much for clarifying this. :D I will be ready for it all. Feel a bit like an idiot but I think it’s a good sign that they sent this as it should be close in the queue, after resubmitting and another biometrics.

BuffaloJax
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by BuffaloJax » Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:00 pm

zimba wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:14 pm
It will be a fresh SET(M) application from scratch. You apply online, put the UAN of your current application if asked, pay and submit again, and book and enrol Biometrics again. Documents must be reuploaded. This will be a totally separate application !
Zumba, Can I please confirm the original date of my application will be used for the timeline?

I’ve used the below except for reference:
“Where an applicant has an outstanding application for […] permission to stay which has not been decided “the previous application”), any further application for […] permission to stay will be treated as an application to vary the previous application and only the most recent application will be considered.”

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:05 pm

This will be a fresh application with a fresh timeline. I already emphasised this above
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice