ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

November applicants please post here-only timelines

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Asif786

Post by Asif786 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:40 am

Application date : 20/11/2008, Hyderbad

I had submitted two passports which i had used and travelled earlier two various countries. Dont know what they are checking. I have clean record except for a 221G from US which i had disclosed.

Status from VFS

"With regard to your query, this is to inform you that the passport is still under verification with high commission. The processing time is up to 15 working days. However, the discretion to grant a visa lies with British High Commission and the processing time can be shorter or longer based on your application, at the discretion of British High Commission."

Seperate mail Status from BHC

"Your application is at present pending for further checks at our office."

BHC Autoreply mail

Thank you for contacting the Visa Section, British Deputy High Commission, Chennai.

This is an automated response. In the event that we consider that the automated reply has not addressed your specific query we will respond as soon as possible and within a maximum of 20 working days.

Status enquiries

Please be advised that status queries for applications that fall within the published processing times, detailed below, will be deemed 'pending decision' and will not be responded to. No further information can or will be provided.

Non-settlement applications take up to 15 working days from receipt at the Visa Section for a decision to be made.
Settlement applications up to three months.

Applications submitted at VFS office in Chennai are received at the British Deputy High Commission the following working day.

Hyderabad, Cochin, Bangalore submissions are received after two working days.

Please also note that 90% of applications that are considered straightforward on assessment by the ECO are issued by the close of play the day after receipt at the British Deputy High Commission.

General Enquiries
For general information on applying for visas and entry clearance please visit our website www.ukindia.com or www.ukvisas.gov.uk.

You are able to check the status of your application or make enquiries about specific categories and application procedures at the dedicated call centre on Tel No 080 4008 4008 between 0800-1600hrs. Calls are charged at local or STD rates depending on your location.

The call centre staff do not have access to information relating to submitted applications or the decisions taken by the Entry Clearance Officers at the British Deputy High Commission.

Other enquiries
If you have a complaint, wish to withdraw you application or your need to travel is now of an emergency nature i.e. someone wishing to attend a funeral or due to illness, your email will be responded to as soon as possible. Please provide full details in your correspondence including the date the application for entry clearance was made and the passport numbers submitted.

The Visa Section telephone lines (044) 42192308 and 42192310 are open on all working days Monday to Thursday between 0830-1130hrs and Friday 0830 - 1030hrs.

Please note: As detailed above; if you call to enquire about the status of applications that have not gone beyond the published processing times you will be advised that the application is deemed 'pending decision' by the Entry Clearance Officer, no further information can be given.

Appeal enquiries
If you have been refused Entry Clearance your rights of appeal and procedures to submit your appeal are detailed on the notice of refusal. AIT will be in contact with any UK sponsor or representative you included in your Grounds of Appeal AIT-2 form and will also notify you of the outcome.

If your appeal is successful; on notification from AIT by receipt of the Immigration Judge's determination our office will contact you.

If you wish to withdraw your appeal or support of an appeal or have any other queries which the guidance available does not address you can write to: Chennai.SingleTierEnquiries@fco.gov.uk"

Lets see.

Niruma
Newly Registered

Re: November applicants please post here-only timelines

Post by Niruma » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:14 am

Hello All,

Same situation for me as well applied frm Chennai VFS office on november 17th for Tier 1 General with dependant and there is no update.

its still showing "Forwarded to BHC" I called VFS office today morning and they have told that the normal processing time is 15 working days and the delay can be due to further verification of documents, Anyhow there is no timeline that they have given at the moment!!!

Not sure i havent seen any post for Chennai people who have got the Tier 1 VISA Stamped after December 1st.

Anyone who have applied in Novemeber in VFS Chennai can post the replies. It will be really usefull.

sri_sunny wrote:Hello,

For those who are planning to file ur application this month, please post here. I've got an appointment this week at Bangalore VFS.

Here is quick check on my doc list. Please feel free to add some value if u want to especially on conversion factors with regards to earnings & MF

1) VAF 9
2) Appendix
3) Covering letter
4) Education proof
5) all supporting docs for previous earnings

I've been contracting in UK (conversion would be 1 obviously)
I've been contracting in India at 3 diff occasions for 1 month each and have taken last working days of each contract as the date of considering the xchange rate to arrive at the GBP equivalent

6) UK experience:

No additional docs, however given full details of earlier visa, entry & exit dates just to re-affirm that I was eligible to work

7) IELTS original test certificate

8) Bank statement covering 1st Aug to 31st Oct along with the letter from Branch manager confirming funds.

Xchange considered for MF is the date from Oanda as of yesterday which is my statement date and within 7 days prior to my application date.

Forgot to say about the self-assessment calculator which I would enclose...

I have classified every attributes into different sections and have drafted separate covering letters for each section.

Ofcourse my travel document, fees & biometric stuff would be apart from the above list.

Will photocopy all my docs for integra along with the form itself.

Planning to inform all my referees just as a courtesy call for them to be well aware of the verification likely to happen along with a scanned copy of the letter they issued....

Any suggestions? :)

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:54 am

Hi
I had applied on Nov 12th . My status is still the same . When i sent mail to BHC Chennai last week , they said , My application will be reprocessed without Integra Verification. Yesterday i had again sent an email and i got

The verification checks will be done at our office. The decision is pending on your application. Please contact us at the end of next week for the status of the application.

You can send email to BHC Chennai @ this email address : Chennai.VisaEnquiry@fco.gov.uk

All the Best

Niruma
Newly Registered

Post by Niruma » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:49 am

I have opted to have the passport collected from the VFS office in chennai. I have also got an reply from BHC Chennai for the email sent this afternoon.

==============================================
Dear Mr Niranjan Anantharaman,

Thank you for your e-mail. I am writing to inform that a decision has been made on your visa application. The passport will be despatched later today.

Yours sincerely,

UK Border Agency
Visa Services

=============================================

Can anyone kindly suggest what is exact status AM i granted a VISA from this statement ??!! or we can know only when we see the passport?

Seniors i am really worried. Please advice

vinayb
Newly Registered

i got it today...

Post by vinayb » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:12 pm

I got my tier 1 today.
below are my timelines
Applied : Nov 03 VFS PUNE
VISA stamp date : 16 Dec
Visa received : 18 Dec

My special thanks to everybody on this forum, for their inputs. This forum rocks!!!!!!!!!!

Looking for a job in the UK now...

Anand

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:33 pm

Hi All
Got my Tier1 Visa today..

Timelines:
Applied : 12- Nov
Visa status change : 18-Dec

Got the visa for 3 years. Hoping to see the success stories of fellow applicants

Special thanks to Ramgsk and other senior for their advice...

Thanks
Satheesh

Niruma
Newly Registered

Post by Niruma » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:55 pm

Wow..I have got my Visa today :lol: .

The timeline are as below.

Visa Applied: 17-11-2008
Visa Received on: 19-12-2008
Applied in: VFS Chennai.

I have been following up many blogs on this site for quite a long time and it has been really usefull.

I convey best wishes to all who have applied and who are yet to apply..

Cheers !! please contact me if you need any details.

krisgop
Newly Registered

Post by krisgop » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:18 am

Hi,

I got visa stamped for 3 years.

Applied: Nov 19
Status change: Nov19

Passport received Nov 20.

Thank you all for your help and all the best for your future.

Regards,
Krishgop

Asif786

Post by Asif786 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:36 pm

Visa Applied: 20-11-2008
Stamped : 19-12-2008
Visa Received on: 22-12-2008
Applied in: VFS Chennai.

Give Travelling date as 01/03/2009 as requested

For info of future applicants and querieswwhere there havee been queries.

1) Had done BA from Madras University
3 yrs from Madras University
Correspondence Education

2) IELTS 7.5 Score

This forum has been very informative. Wud next apply for dependents.

Tks

saga_vishal
Newly Registered

Post by saga_vishal » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:04 am

me still waiting

applied on 18 nov BHC new delhi

current status integra report reached o n 27 nov

decision still pending

holidays now wait for 2009

oooofs this wait is killing me

Aakash31
Newly Registered

Finally the wait is over

Post by Aakash31 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:57 pm

Guys,

Finally i got my tier 1 visa after a wait of 9 weeks. I am really happy - this is the best Christmas gift i could get.

Date of application: 15th October from Bombay
Integra : No clue
Visa stamped: 19th December 08.

All the best to you all.

Merry Christmas & Happy new year

Ciao

checkmate
Newly Registered

Los Angeles Applicant - November

Post by checkmate » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:12 pm

My girlfriend just got her Tier 1 General Visa! Here's her recent timeline, I'll be posting my timeline shortly...

She applied from the US (we are both US Citizens) to the Los Angeles Embassy:

Applied and paid online 11-13-08
Biometric Appointment 11-21-08
Application mailed next day air to Los Angeles embassy 11-24-08
Notice of acceptance by British Consulate Los Angeles 12-05-08
Approval email received 12-19-08
Received passport via UPS 12-22-08

Thank you all and good luck!

harshil223
United Kingdom

VFS Pune

Post by harshil223 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:08 pm

Anybody applied from VFS Pune on or after 21 Nov and got approval?

I applied on 21st Nov from Pune VFS, but still the same status:
Application forwared to British High Commission.

any reply will be highly appreciated.

hsmp_yarlie
Newly Registered

Re: Finally the wait is over

Post by hsmp_yarlie » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:28 am

Hi.. Guys....

Visa Applied on :- 12Nov2008 from VFS Bangalore.

Got visa stamping on :- 30Dec2008.

Thanks to the forum...

Need to start trying for job in UK....

Regards,
Yarlie[b][/b]

raja2008
Newly Registered

Re: VFS Pune

Post by raja2008 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:47 am

Hi Harshil,

Applied on 21st Nov to BDHC Mumbai (Pune come under the same BDHC). Still waiting for any status from them.

harshil223 wrote:Anybody applied from VFS Pune on or after 21 Nov and got approval?

I applied on 21st Nov from Pune VFS, but still the same status:
Application forwared to British High Commission.

any reply will be highly appreciated.

saga_vishal
Newly Registered

Post by saga_vishal » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:37 pm

i applied on 18 nov 2008

still no word i don't know how long is going to take. BHC delhi is taking a lot of time

s_saini
India

@saga_vishal

Post by s_saini » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:26 pm

HI Vishal

I have applied on 23 Oct 2008 from VFS Delhi, Last update was integra report recived on 18 Nov 2008(I called them).

But after that No update, No info, Nothing .....

Lets see...

saga_vishal
Newly Registered

Post by saga_vishal » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:23 am

ya yar it a really really long wait, just incresing my tension. job mai man nahi lag raha, totally confused lol i hope its natural

Kuljitvb
Newly Registered

Wait Wait & wait......................

Post by Kuljitvb » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:36 am

Hold on Delhi Guys!
A guy applied in the month of September is still waiting here :)

Applied on 26th September

Kuljit

Kuljitvb
Newly Registered

Thx everyone...

Post by Kuljitvb » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:26 am

Finalllllyyyyy after a long wait of over 3 months, I GOT my Visa today!!!

Interestingly when I called BHC yesterday, they gave the standard reply "CaseWorker is working. bla bla bla.. " and surprisingly I received my passport today :D

I want to thank everyone in this forum for your help & support. This forum rocks!!!!!

All the very best to all who are waiting for the results and also to those planning to apply in coming days.

Applied: 26th-Sept-08 from VFS Delhi
Integra verification: 17th-Oct-08 ... HR got email for salary verification
Passport collected: 09th-Jan-09
Visa stamped from: 08th-Jan-09
Status on VFS Site: Invalid Search :lol: :lol:

THANKS!!!

Kuljit

raghu0307

Re: Thx everyone...

Post by raghu0307 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:51 am

Kuljitvb wrote:Finalllllyyyyy after a long wait of over 3 months, I GOT my Visa today!!!

Interestingly when I called BHC yesterday, they gave the standard reply "CaseWorker is working. bla bla bla.. " and surprisingly I received my passport today :D

I want to thank everyone in this forum for your help & support. This forum rocks!!!!!

All the very best to all who are waiting for the results and also to those planning to apply in coming days.

Applied: 26th-Sept-08 from VFS Delhi
Integra verification: 17th-Oct-08 ... HR got email for salary verification
Passport collected: 09th-Jan-09
Visa stamped from: 08th-Jan-09
Status on VFS Site: Invalid Search :lol: :lol:

THANKS!!!

Kuljit
Congrats man. Hope there is some more speed in VISA processing in the mumbai centre as well.

Kuljitvb
Newly Registered

Post by Kuljitvb » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:05 am

Hey many thanks Raghu & all the best....

Kuljit

s_saini
India

HI kuljit

Post by s_saini » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:15 am

Congrates Kuljit.............

Kuljitvb
Newly Registered

All the best

Post by Kuljitvb » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:51 am

Thanks s_saini,

I wish everyone All the Best & get your visa soon...
(sincere feelings for Delhi & Mumbai guys who are waiting for so long)

waiting is the worst thing ....

See u guys soon at UK :)

Kuljit

raja2008
Newly Registered

Post by raja2008 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:22 pm

Hi,

Anybody applied in November still waiting. I applied on 21-Nov-2008 and still waiting for any update from BDHC,Mumbai.

Loosing my patience seeing that people applied on December are getting their Visa.

Regards