ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 years at PEO Croydon, Please help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Swan

ILR 10 years at PEO Croydon, Please help

Post by Swan » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:40 am

Hi
I am going to apply for 10 years ILR in Croydon (in person), all my visas are ok (never expired and no gap), my only worry is:

On one occasion, I went home for holidays and stayed for 3 months and 10 days (visa hadn't expired).

On the application form they ask you to justify if you stayed more than 3 months in one go
I can give them reasons (had health problems + was impossible to get any flight bookings to come back before 3 months)

Will this be a problem? Do you think they can reject my application on the day because of 10 days extra holidays?

Any advice will help
Thanks in advance

ci07jjs

Post by ci07jjs » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:20 am

no.

as long it hasn't been more than 6 months at any one time then its fine.

Swan

Post by Swan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:32 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply

I did manage to find some document from the HO that stated that the absence period for long residence shouldn't be more than 6 months at one time and no more than 18 months in the whole 10 years. (very relieved!)
What got me confused is the application form but then I realised that the same application form is used for many categories so the 3 months mentioned on it is general

Thanks again