ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending Skilled Worker Dependant when main applicant has got British Passport

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NatalieKa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Extending Skilled Worker Dependant when main applicant has got British Passport

Post by NatalieKa » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:06 pm

Good afternoon,
May I please ask for a help on clarifying few things for my extension.
I have a Tier 2 (Skilled Worker) Dependant visa, but my husband already got British Passport.

I am applying for extension under Skilled worker > Dependant Partner.
- Is this correct route for my visa extension?

If yes, I am asked “What time period does Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) cover?”
-What answer to choose “3 years or less” or “more then 3 years” ?
As there is no sponsorship certificate for my husband any longer, and I am just continue my visa route as a dependant (I need one year to complete 5, but I assume it will be calculated health surcharge and visa fee for 3 years?

My current visa expired March 30th , I am planning to apply this month to avoid health changre fees increase.
- can I apply so much time in advance?
Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Extending Skilled Worker Dependant when main applicant has got British Passport

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:28 pm

I am applying for extension under Skilled worker > Dependant Partner.
- Is this correct route for my visa extension?
Correct yes.
If yes, I am asked “What time period does Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) cover?”
-What answer to choose “3 years or less” or “more then 3 years” ?
As there is no sponsorship certificate for my husband any longer, and I am just continue my visa route as a dependant (I need one year to complete 5, but I assume it will be calculated health surcharge and visa fee for 3 years?
You input the last CoS details he had with his last Skilled Worker Visa before he got ILR. You are correct that you will get a 3 year visa extension.
My current visa expired March 30th , I am planning to apply this month to avoid health changre fees increase.
- can I apply so much time in advance?
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

NatalieKa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Extending Skilled Worker Dependant when main applicant has got British Passport

Post by NatalieKa » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:32 pm

Thank you, CR001 for your replies.

I assume that application fee will encrease to 1500£ when I will put "more that 3 years"? But this will be my 2nd extention (I had a year dependand visa, and later 3 years extention, so 4 years in total).
In this case - can I put less then 3 years?
I was checking similar question on forum, but remained uncertain... if you could help?

Thanks again!
Natalie
You input the last CoS details he had with his last Skilled Worker Visa before he got ILR. You are correct that you will get a 3 year visa extension.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:20 am

NatalieKa wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:32 pm
(I had a year dependand visa, and later 3 years extention, so 4 years in total).
You will have another 3 years extension as you previously had. You cannot adjust the duration at your convenience, hence it's a 3 years or less duration.

a66013
United Kingdom

Post by a66013 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:00 pm

NatalieKa wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:32 pm
Thank you, CR001 for your replies.

I assume that application fee will encrease to 1500£ when I will put "more that 3 years"? But this will be my 2nd extention (I had a year dependand visa, and later 3 years extention, so 4 years in total).
I was checking similar question on forum, but remained uncertain... if you could help?

Thanks again!
Natalie

Hi Natalie, I have similar situation like you. Can I ask in the IHS fee page, they asked about your husband work start date and end date, however, as the Tier 2 COS is not longer exist / expired. I don't now what to fill in there.