ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New immigration rules

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zxyzhgp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: New immigration rules

Post by zxyzhgp » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:56 pm

thevladi1 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:59 am
Hi all,
At the moment I have a skilled worker visa for three years (until 2026). I am extremely upset about the new immigration rules and am looking for a solution to the problem now so as not to put myself in a difficult situation in the future. I currently have an average salary within my profession that meets the visa requirements, but I understand that my employer will not be able to pay me £38,000 when I need to extend my visa. I am considering the possibility of negotiating with my employer to reissue my CoS for five years. Then, technically, I will comply with all the rules before receiving the ILR. Or should I not rush into this yet?
maybe you can do extra part-time job and include its salary in the calculation of total income?

I feel like current government really intend to curb immigration and the only group they can target easily is the legal worker

thevladi1
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by thevladi1 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:08 pm

zxyzhgp wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:56 pm
thevladi1 wrote:
Hi all,
At the moment I have a skilled worker visa for three years (until 2026). I am extremely upset about the new immigration rules and am looking for a solution to the problem now so as not to put myself in a difficult situation in the future. I currently have an average salary within my profession that meets the visa requirements, but I understand that my employer will not be able to pay me £38,000 when I need to extend my visa. I am considering the possibility of negotiating with my employer to reissue my CoS for five years. Then, technically, I will comply with all the rules before receiving the ILR. Or should I not rush into this yet?
maybe you can do extra part-time job and include its salary in the calculation of total income?

I feel like current government really intend to curb immigration and the only group they can target easily is the legal worker

Thanks for the valuable advice, this might actually be a good idea.
But the problem is that I'm not sure that HO will add up the income from two jobs. More likely, they will simply look at the data from the Cos provided by the main employer.

Yes, I am more than sure that for the millions of people who are already here, a series of unpleasant choices is beginning. There is also an option to switch to Scale-up, I think there are slightly lower salary requirements, but this should be considered as a last resort option.

zxyzhgp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zxyzhgp » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:20 pm

thevladi1 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:08 pm
zxyzhgp wrote:
thevladi1 wrote:
Hi all,

But the problem is that I'm not sure that HO will add up the income from two jobs. More likely, they will simply look at the data from the Cos provided by the main employer.

Yes, I am more than sure that for the millions of people who are already here, a series of unpleasant choices is beginning. There is also an option to switch to Scale-up, I think there are slightly lower salary requirements, but this should be considered as a last resort option.
you are probably right. I am currently doing 1 full time and 1 part time job and in the ILR application form , we can only fill in the full time sponsor. Fortunately, my full time salary is already higher than the new threshold

On the bright side, maybe Tory introduce this just for the election :D

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:33 pm

zxyzhgp wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:20 pm
thevladi1 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:08 pm
zxyzhgp wrote:
thevladi1 wrote:
Hi all,

you are probably right. I am currently doing 1 full time and 1 part time job and in the ILR application form , we can only fill in the full time sponsor. Fortunately, my full time salary is already higher than the new threshold

Even if for the election, the impact will be far reaching, not easy to undo and for courting public Labour will not come out to repudiate it.

rioust
Newly Registered
India

Post by rioust » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:56 pm

Sorry can I know how do you manage to do 1 full time and 1 part time job? So I am on SOC Code 2136 (Programmers and software development professionals) full time employed 9-5, how do I manage another part time in b/w work timings and no employer would offer part time for 2136 on weekends? Sorry I am new to this, can you please advise.

zxyzhgp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zxyzhgp » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:36 pm

rioust wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:56 pm

Sorry can I know how do you manage to do 1 full time and 1 part time job? So I am on SOC Code 2136 (Programmers and software development professionals) full time employed 9-5, how do I manage another part time in b/w work timings and no employer would offer part time for 2136 on weekends? Sorry I am new to this, can you please advise.
https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/second-job , here is the link
In my case, my part time job is in the shortage list (university research fellow) and my full and part time are the same job type

rioust
Newly Registered
India

Post by rioust » Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:39 pm

Does anyone know if the new immigration rules (raising the visa surcharge to £38700) come into effect in Mar 2024 or Apr 2024?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:45 pm

rioust wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:39 pm
Does anyone know if the new immigration rules (raising the visa surcharge to £38700) come into effect in Mar 2024 or Apr 2024?
We do not know. We know all the same limited information that everyone else knows. You will need to wait to see what the effective date will be when the process for changing the rules is complete.

Note that the £38,700 is not a 'visa surcharge'. It is a minimum salary/earning requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rioust
Newly Registered
India

Post by rioust » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:26 pm

Thank you for your response.

Goenitz
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Goenitz » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:42 pm

The IHS fee hike/increase bill has been approved and concluded.
I think from 4-5th Feb, the new IHS rate will be applicable.
https://statutoryinstruments.parliament ... e/7Up5lZZt