ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor Reporting Duties

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

midhun3197
India

Sponsor Reporting Duties

Post by midhun3197 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:30 pm

Good evening,

Couple of questions that I have, if you could review:

1. I have a query regarding reporting duties during the COVID pandemic, which had exemptions for not requiring reports on the SMS when employees were working from home. Could you please inform me of when this exemption ended? Is reporting working from home a requirement during the 2021-2022 period when the coronavirus outbreak was still present? My visa was issued at the end of 2021, but I did not move to the base location in the CoS until mid-2022, mainly due to not being able to find a place during the pandemic, and also the employer gave the flexibility to work from home at the time due to COVID spreading. Assume this will fall under the exemption?

2. The employer informed that currently, the Home Office does not need an update via SMS if working hybrid. Is there a minimum number of days that one needs to be in the office to be classified as hybrid working? For example, if working from home for 4 out of 5 days a week and only attending the office for in-person meetings, site visits, etc., will that still be considered hybrid working as long as the employer is in agreement with that pattern of working?

Thank you.

midhun3197
India

Re: Sponsor Reporting Duties

Post by midhun3197 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:34 pm

Would greatly appreciate a response to the queries, thank you.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:23 pm

What exactly are you concerned about?
This is all historical and not likely to have any impact on your visa.
It is pretty minor stuff

As for hybrid working - there is no set number of days.

midhun3197
India

Post by midhun3197 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:06 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:23 pm
What exactly are you concerned about?
This is all historical and not likely to have any impact on your visa.
It is pretty minor stuff

As for hybrid working - there is no set number of days.
Thanks, Frontier Mole.

I am concerned because I reported to the employer that I am living and working in a different location from my base location in the CoS. I suppose the expectation would be that I work at the base location, but I couldn't find a place during the COVID-19 pandemic for around 6 months until I moved, and the employer supported flexible working. The employer did not report this, so I want to ensure that the COVID reporting exemption (suppose my reason for not moving will be considered to be due to the pandemic?) applies to that time. Should this be reported retrospectively?