ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent VISA while Primary ILR application in progress.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Free_Sprit_07
Newly Registered
India

Dependent VISA while Primary ILR application in progress.

Post by Free_Sprit_07 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:20 pm

Hello, I have a query regarding my Dependent VISA application. My wife has currently applied for ILR and her decision is being delayed. However, my Dependent VISA is set to expire soon, and we hope to get a decision before that. In case it is delayed can I apply for a dependent VISA while her ILR application is in progress and awaiting a decision?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Dependent VISA while Primary ILR application in progress.

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:44 pm

Yes you can apply for a dependent visa pending the outcome of your spouse’s ILR application. However the outcome may be delayed while the ILR application is decided.

If you are a skilled worker / tier 2 dependent it will almost certainly be delayed until your wife gets her decision. Remember you are applying under skilled worker/ tier 2 dependent even if your wife is going down the ILR route. You remain in that route until you qualify for ILR too.

Free_Sprit_07
Newly Registered
India

Post by Free_Sprit_07 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:30 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes, we are applying via the skilled worker/tier 2. So I can apply for the dependent VISA using her application reference number and continue to remain and work in the UK until we get the result?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:41 am

Free_Sprit_07 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:30 pm
Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes, we are applying via the skilled worker/tier 2. So I can apply for the dependent VISA using her application reference number and continue to remain and work in the UK until we get the result?
Correct.

Free_Sprit_07
Newly Registered
India

Post by Free_Sprit_07 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:42 am

Thanks a lot for your response. I just realized yesterday that now there are 2 routes to apply for a dependent VISA if the main applicant is applying for ILR via the Tier 2 Skilled Worker VISA route i.e. Family route and PBS Dependent VISA extension. I will be completing 5 years in February and will be applying for ILR then. Based on this could you please suggest which route should I use to apply for my Dependent VISA extension?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:07 pm

Skilled worker dependent is what you apply for.

If you switch visa category, your 5 year qualifying period for ilr resets to zero.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Free_Sprit_07
Newly Registered
India

Post by Free_Sprit_07 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:35 am

Hi All,

Firstly thanks for your help so far. I finally received my Dependant VISA extension last week which I applied for using the Skilled VISA dependent extension route. However, the BRP mentions the Type Of Permit as 'Dependent Partner Leave to Remain' while my previous Type of Permit was ' PBS Dependent Leave to Remain'. Could someone Please assist and confirm if the current BRP I received is the right extension of the previous one and will not reset my ILR qualification years to '0'?

Many Thanks in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:03 pm

Free_Sprit_07 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:35 am
Hi All,

Firstly thanks for your help so far. I finally received my Dependant VISA extension last week which I applied for using the Skilled VISA dependent extension route. However, the BRP mentions the Type Of Permit as 'Dependent Partner Leave to Remain' while my previous Type of Permit was ' PBS Dependent Leave to Remain'. Could someone Please assist and confirm if the current BRP I received is the right extension of the previous one and will not reset my ILR qualification years to '0'?

Many Thanks in advance.
It's same, exclusion of 'PBS' could be as a result of your main applicant's route not being on PBS any more. This shoyld not result into reset.
AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:41 am
Free_Sprit_07 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:30 pm
Correct.

Free_Sprit_07
Newly Registered
India

Post by Free_Sprit_07 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:30 pm

Great, thanks a lot for your respose.

TheIndianImgrnt
Newly Registered
India

Post by TheIndianImgrnt » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:01 am

Free_Sprit_07 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:30 pm
Hello I am in a similar situation and have few questions regarding this

1.) Did your partner applied for ILR via standard route(6 months) and after how long did your partner got ILR ?

2.) So when you applied for dependent VISA extension using your partener's application reference what do you have to mention ? Was it UAN or GWF

3.) Did you got the decision before or after your partner ILR approval decision ?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:48 pm

TheIndianImgrnt wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:01 am
Free_Sprit_07 wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:30 pm
Hello I am in a similar situation and have few questions regarding this

1.) Did your partner applied for ILR via standard route(6 months) and after how long did your partner got ILR ?

2.) So when you applied for dependent VISA extension using your partener's application reference what do you have to mention ? Was it UAN or GWF

3.) Did you got the decision before or after your partner ILR approval decision ?
Ask your question in your own thread, the member you quoted not here in about 2months.