ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding Employment Details

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Regarding Employment Details

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:11 pm

1. So on the ukvcas site, do I have to upload the same document (passport) for both the categories (Passport and Proof of living)? OR is uploading the passport against the passport category enough?
You only need to upload the whole passport ONCE.
2. I am also planning to upload my P60s as proof of living. Do you think this is required (given my passport has all the entry and exit stamps (for the last 5 years))?
This is NOT required!! You have already been told this!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:12 pm

awesomeagni wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:02 pm
Hello,

Good Afternoon.

My question is regarding the document to be uploaded for proof of living in the UK.
I know passport has to be scanned and uploaded (which has entry and exit stamps).

I will provide my passport for proof of living in the UK as well.

1. So on the ukvcas site, do I have to upload the same document (passport) for both the categories (Passport and Proof of living)? OR is uploading the passport against the passport category enough?

2. I am also planning to upload my P60s as proof of living. Do you think this is required (given my passport has all the entry and exit stamps (for the last 5 years))?

Thank you in advance.

Ignore the second question please, one of the helpful members of this forum had already answered that question for me.
Thank you.

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:11 pm
You only need to upload the whole passport ONCE.
This is NOT required!! You have already been told this!
Thank you @CR001 for the reply.

Yeah, totally missed that. Only remembered, when I looked back at my other post.

Thanks.

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:18 pm

Hello,

Is a cover letter mandatory? As in do I have to upload a cover letter when there nothing out of the ordinary to explain?
I am uploading all my documents and they indicate I am within the criteria set out for the application.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:20 pm

Is a cover letter mandatory?
No!
As in do I have to upload a cover letter when there nothing out of the ordinary to explain?
Not needed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:20 pm
Is a cover letter mandatory?
No!
As in do I have to upload a cover letter when there nothing out of the ordinary to explain?
Not needed.
Thank you @CR001

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:36 pm

Hello All,

I have a generic question.

As part of the online appliction for citizenship (submitted last week), I have uploaded my current passport and provided its details.
The current passport was issued in September 2018. Thus, the travel history of the past 5 years (going back from January 2024) is covered in my current passport.

Is there any need/requirement to upload my cancelled/previous passport (the previous passport was cancelled in September 2018).
Note: My entry clearance stamp (of the work permit) was in the previous/cancelled passport (just stating because I had mentioned the reference number/details of work permit, under the 'Immigration Details' section of the online application).

Thank you.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:31 pm

awesomeagni wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:36 pm
Hello All,

As part of the online appliction for citizenship (submitted last week), I have uploaded my current passport and provided its details.
The current passport was issued in September 2018. Thus, the travel history of the past 5 years (going back from January 2024) is covered in my current passport.

Is there any need/requirement to upload my cancelled/previous passport (the previous passport was cancelled in September 2018).
Note: My entry clearance stamp (of the work permit) was in the previous/cancelled passport (just stating because I had mentioned the reference number/details of work permit, under the 'Immigration Details' section of the online application).

Thank you.
No - you only need to provide documents that are asked for - like your current passport (or the passports covering the residency period if more than one). Most details you disclose on the application form don't have to be supported by documentary proof.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

awesomeagni
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by awesomeagni » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:39 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:31 pm
awesomeagni wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:36 pm
Hello All,

Thank you.
No - you only need to provide documents that are asked for - like your current passport (or the passports covering the residency period if more than one). Most details you disclose on the application form don't have to be supported by documentary proof.
Understood. Thank you so much @alterhase58.
Really helpful.