ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IRP Registration County Cork

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tenet71
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

IRP Registration County Cork

Post by Tenet71 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:16 pm

Hi all, I have been waiting for my IRP registration (first time) since 25 October 2023. I have not yet received an appointment. I stay in Kinsale, which is in County Cork, but outside Cork City. My question is there any other Garda station which processes IRPs in Cork county besides Anglesea Street?

Yk_Krsh
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Re: IRP Registration County Cork

Post by Yk_Krsh » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:15 am

Not that I know and regarding the queue, my friend applied last week and they told him that they are now processing requests from September 08...

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:19 am

Did you receive your approval letter yet? It will instruct you were to make an appointment. Bandon station has an immigration officer, but you will need to wait for instructions from the department before Garda immigration can process you.

Tenet71
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Tenet71 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:59 am

sairsint wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:19 am
Did you receive your approval letter yet? It will instruct you were to make an appointment. Bandon station has an immigration officer, but you will need to wait for instructions from the department before Garda immigration can process you.
They stamped my passport with a 90 day stamp at the airport when I entered Ireland. Cork City immigration sent me an email acknowledging my request for an appointment for the IRP, and advised I was now in the queue. I don't know about the approval letter you are referring to.

I will try Bandon Station because that is nearer to where I stay than Cork City. Thanks a lot.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:39 pm

So you entered Ireland as a tourist? What rights are you entitled to for a resident permit (IRP) is what I meant by having a document/letter. You must be authorised with rights to remain in Ireland as a resident and than should be approved via a government (INIS/DoJ) document. The Garda immigration office will likely tell you the same thing as they only act once the government provides you/them with instructions for your case. Perhaps you are in a unique situation, but this would be how it would normally work in my experience.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:46 pm

Not necessarily - if OP entered on a visa, they may still give them stamp just for the duration of a visa.

What's the reason for you to be here, OP? Is it EU treaty?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:52 pm

Fermoy has also a Garda station with Immigration service.
Usually you can only use a Garda station with immigration service within your home address catchment area.

Tenet71
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Tenet71 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:57 am

sairsint wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:39 pm
So you entered Ireland as a tourist? What rights are you entitled to for a resident permit (IRP) is what I meant by having a document/letter. You must be authorised with rights to remain in Ireland as a resident and than should be approved via a government (INIS/DoJ) document. The Garda immigration office will likely tell you the same thing as they only act once the government provides you/them with instructions for your case. Perhaps you are in a unique situation, but this would be how it would normally work in my experience.
I entered Ireland on a Critical Skills Employment Permit.

Tenet71
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Tenet71 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:59 am

meself2 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:46 pm
Not necessarily - if OP entered on a visa, they may still give them stamp just for the duration of a visa.

My reason to be here is a Critical Skills Employment Permit (CSEP).

My paperwork is in order, my question was which Garda station to go to for an IRP now that I have relocated from Cork City to Kinsale. It seems Bandon is the correct Garda station.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:01 am

sairsint wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:39 pm
Some privileged non EU citizens can travel with visa waiver and apply for residence permit within. "If they are Irish spouses and minor children they won't need preapproval to register with the Immigration Guards", the rest need preapproval or somewhat.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:18 am

Tenet71 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:59 am
meself2 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:46 pm

My reason to be here is a Critical Skills Employment Permit (CSEP).

My paperwork is in order, my question was which Garda station to go to for an IRP now that I have relocated from Cork City to Kinsale. It seems Bandon is the correct Garda station.
I think you need to contact the Immigration Office(Oifig inimirce at Anglesea St, Ballintemple, Cork or email Corkcity.immigration@garda.ie . Not all Garda have immigration service. You can also contact Bradon HQ.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:52 am

If it's CSEP, you indeed have to check with Cork Gardai to see when they can provide you with IRP.
If they're still within October numbers, it's going to be a long wait.
Also, alternative email:
You should either phone or email for an appointment at gnib_dv@garda.ie.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:21 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:52 am
If it's CSEP, you indeed have to check with Cork Gardai to see when they can provide you with IRP.
If they're still within October numbers, it's going to be a long wait.
Also, alternative email:
You should either phone or email for an appointment at gnib_dv@garda.ie.
This email is not for appointments. It's normally for immigration enquiries or matters. What i stated above are the right ones for County Cork.

Since he has preapproval letter, if only he gets appointment on time (for Cork county it can take months) if lucky or try to convince the Guards it's urgent, then earlier. He will receive the IRP in 2 weeks after his appointment for biometrics.

Hanson
Newly Registered
China

Post by Hanson » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:01 am

Cork have slowest IRP Reg&renewal system, since COVID they bring in appointment system sounds good right ,but it slowing down everything , normal renew may take min 3 months from email in request appointment to get renewed , before COVID you can go in anytime queu up & get same day service max 1-2 hrs waiting time . now they are playing with us , make them look like very busy , but if you are in the office , you will see they alway have free time slot. that's crizy right & then every body know need send email 3 months before your expire day, because it will take 3-4 months to get appointment . dead end. the queu never clean up, for someone new here if you want to get it fast , try get address in dublin reg in dublin & renew in Cork next year .

chrys
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by chrys » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:07 pm

Hi all, i was today at the Cork office to register my IRP first time, when there they checked my passport and seen i had a visitor stamp from 2019 (I originally came to visit later decided to stay) and this seemed to have confused them or something. I got my IRP by applying for EUTR1 after i got married to EU national (in March 2023). I had my approval letter from Immigration office but they kept asking why i didnt register earlier (the process of marriage to finally getting IRP approved took almost 3 years in itself due to their slow processing times and COVID). They told me to come back tomorrow because they needed someone else to look at it and he wasnt in today. Im wondering if anyone had a similar issue...

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:15 pm

chrys wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:07 pm
i had a visitor stamp from 2019 (I originally came to visit later decided to stay
Well, what basis did you have for your stay before marriage, if you came as a visitor?
You'd have to be more specific with your immigration history - as if now it just sounds like you overstayed you visitor visa for a few years.

chrys
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by chrys » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:24 pm

meself2 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:15 pm
chrys wrote:
i had a visitor stamp from 2019 (I originally came to visit later decided to stay
Well, what basis did you have for your stay before marriage, if you came as a visitor?
You'd have to be more specific with your immigration history - as if now it just sounds like you overstayed you visitor visa for a few years.
I came to visit my father and he had visa so at first i tried applying under him (i was going to study here also) but he ended up getting divorced and i had already met my husband at the time so we decided itd be easier to apply for marriage; Covid happened and everything got closed or delayed and since then everything is just taking way too much time; maybe before starting applications i did overstay a few months but that shouldnt matter now as they approved my IRP in the first place, no? I dont understand why this would be an issue as last year they had the immigration scheme for who had been here for 4+ years.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:35 pm

chrys wrote:
Hi all, i was today at the Cork office to register my IRP first time, when there they checked my passport and seen i had a visitor stamp from 2019 (I originally came to visit later decided to stay) and this seemed to have confused them or something. I got my IRP by applying for EUTR1 after i got married to EU national (in March 2023). I had my approval letter from Immigration office but they kept asking why i didnt register earlier (the process of marriage to finally getting IRP approved took almost 3 years in itself due to their slow processing times and COVID). They told me to come back tomorrow because they needed someone else to look at it and he wasnt in today. Im wondering if anyone had a similar issue...
The approval letter you have to register with is not an IRP. It's a letter authorising the local immigration/registration office to order your IRP.

Technically after the approval letter from the justice minister, the local authorities have no power to deny you registration unless you do not have your marriage certificate and your EU spouse doesn't go with you.

You need to point out to them on the marriage certificate that you arrived, married on this said date which made you an EU family member. You came with a visitor visa to your partner by then but unfortunately you had to stay. If you didn't know your wife by then tell them the truth. After'll they can't deny an EU family member registration even if that person was illegal before.

chrys
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by chrys » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:07 am

Angel99 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:35 pm
chrys wrote:
The approval letter you have to register with is not an IRP. It's a letter authorising the local immigration/registration office to order your IRP.

Technically after the approval letter from the justice minister, the local authorities have no power to deny you registration unless you do not have your marriage certificate and your EU spouse doesn't go with you.

You need to point out to them on the marriage certificate that you arrived, married on this said date which made you an EU family member. You came with a visitor visa to your partner by then but unfortunately you had to stay. If you didn't know your wife by then tell them the truth. After'll they can't deny an EU family member registration even if that person was illegal before.
thank you, thats what i thought, i registered for marriage and applied for residency i dont understand why they made an issue out of the fact i had beed here a few years since i am now there to register, especially considering ive heard of people that had been over 5 years before getting married and there was no issue... its all really anxiety inducing and i hope once i go there today itll all work smoothly. felt like when i was there yesterday no one knew what to do even though i was simply there to register temporary IRP...

notme
Ireland

Post by notme » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:01 am

So what happened yesterday ?

chrys
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by chrys » Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:50 am

notme wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:01 am
So what happened yesterday ?
They called me to come in and got it registered; this time with no issue whatsoever. Received my card in the mail 2 days ago :D