ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 months period start date

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

6 months period start date

Post by VirtualWaver » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:17 am

Hi guys,

Online application completed and the payment made on: Sep 2023
Biometrics provided and the application submitted in FES centre on: Nov 2023

Question: Do we need to count the 6 months period from Sep 2023 or Nov 2023? Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: 6 months period start date

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:21 am

Biometrics date

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:15 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:21 am
Biometrics date
Thx a lot!

SupperDog
United Kingdom

Post by SupperDog » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:40 am

VirtualWaver wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:17 am
Hi guys,

Online application completed and the payment made on: Sep 2023
Biometrics provided and the application submitted in FES centre on: Nov 2023

Question: Do we need to count the 6 months period from Sep 2023 or Nov 2023? Thanks.
Application date, September in your case

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:39 pm

Caseworkers can't assess the application until all documents are submitted, which happens at the biometrics stage.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

SupperDog
United Kingdom

Post by SupperDog » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:57 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:39 pm
Caseworkers can't assess the application until all documents are submitted, which happens at the biometrics stage.
Yes that's true, but all applications are processed in the order of application date not the biometrics date. At the current situation most applicants will attend biometrics appointment before their turns.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:59 pm

I
SupperDog wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:57 pm
contorted_svy wrote:
Yes that's true, but all applications are processed in the order of application date not the biometrics date. At the current situation most applicants will attend biometrics appointment before their turns.
I don't think we have enough knowledge to understand the inner workings of the HO at this level. From recent experiences it seems that for applicants whose biometrics had been lost, a caseworker had not been assigned yet, so I tend to lean towards the "after biometrics" option, which is the most conservative one, to err on the side of caution.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

SupperDog
United Kingdom

Post by SupperDog » Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:30 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:59 pm
I
SupperDog wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:57 pm
contorted_svy wrote:
I don't think we have enough knowledge to understand the inner workings of the HO at this level. From recent experiences it seems that for applicants whose biometrics had been lost, a caseworker had not been assigned yet, so I tend to lean towards the "after biometrics" option, which is the most conservative one, to err on the side of caution.
I have stats on the application made in the last 2 years from multiple sources, including the timeline post in this forum, from the results clearly show that the biometric date is irrelevant to the decision date. Applications made on similar dates get decisions in the same batch, not the biometric date. So my guess is, there is a queue ordered by the application date. If a casework finished his case he will be assigned an application made on the earliest date, if the biometrics are submitted. If not, the application will stay in the queue and the next one will be assigned.