ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI card - renting in UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bobcat
Newly Registered
India

OCI card - renting in UK

Post by bobcat » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:52 am

Hi all,

I am just researching at the moment as I’m yet to apply to naturalise. I shall be grateful if anyone can guide me to the right posts or share some thoughts on:

1. I rent in the UK. Do I need to update/renew OCI every time I move within UK to a new address?

2. Those who had corrected BP names where first name was xxx. How long the deedpoll process and reissue of fresh BP took?

3. Does OCI card pick name from surrendered Indian passport or BP?

4. What is the average time from BP to OCI?

Many thanks in advance!

bobcat
Newly Registered
India

Re: OCI card - renting in UK

Post by bobcat » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:19 pm

Also:

Will I need BP to surrender Indian passport it is naturalisation certificate will suffice. The HCI guidance says to attach BP but will a cover letter to explain that I haven’t obtained the BP yet suffice?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:19 pm

bobcat wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:19 pm
Also:

Will I need BP to surrender Indian passport it is naturalisation certificate will suffice. The HCI guidance says to attach BP but will a cover letter to explain that I haven’t obtained the BP yet suffice?
You need the British passport first!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BashirB
United Kingdom

Post by BashirB » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:52 pm

bobcat wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:52 am
Hi all,

I am just researching at the moment as I’m yet to apply to naturalise. I shall be grateful if anyone can guide me to the right posts or share some thoughts on:

1. I rent in the UK. Do I need to update/renew OCI every time I move within UK to a new address? Not usually enforced. Haven't met anyone who actually gets it updated for just address change.

2. Those who had corrected BP names where first name was xxx. How long the deedpoll process and reissue of fresh BP took?
See sticky post:
other-countries/oci-application-uk-pass ... 98026.html

3. Does OCI card pick name from surrendered Indian passport or BP?

Per new BP guidelines, your name on BP MUST match that on the foreign passport. OCI will pick from BP.

4. What is the average time from BP to OCI?

Varies case to case. Plan for 6 weeks minimum.

Many thanks in advance!