ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer not supporting Home Office Verification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iluvuparis

Employer not supporting Home Office Verification

Post by iluvuparis » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:22 pm

I have applied for Tier1 last month. Yesterday my HR Manager called up and said that he has got a mail from Home office for verification with respect to my tier1 visa.

When i called him to discuss he is very adamant and he clearly said if i apply for Tier1 it will create tax problems for the company,etc.

1) What do i do now? Will Home office reject the application if they dont recieve any communication from my employer - even though i've provided all required proofs and documents already.

please help. I'm really worried.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:03 pm

It sounds to me as though he may have got confused with a Tier 2 sponsorship. What status are you currently working for the company on?

As far as I know, as long as you have a NI number then there is no reason for your company to treat your Tax situation differently than any other employee.

iluvuparis

Re

Post by iluvuparis » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:17 pm

Thanks Vanadil.

No, My Employer is quite clear that the request from Homeoffice (in email) was for Tier1. However he is giving silly reasons like company policy has been changed and we are not allowed to provide any information, etc..

Please guide me what is my next action?

priya_bhosale

Post by priya_bhosale » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:37 pm

Thats not fair on your employer's part to do that! I dont see how there should be any tax issues with you applying for tier1. Even if there is, the employer should not refuse to verify the information as its just verification and not any special demand that you are making.

Anyway i think if your employer still doesnt co-operate then i think you will have to explain it in clear terms to the home office and tell them the situation as it is. Also you can offer home office to verify your other evidence (presumably verifying bank statement with the bank).

Thats the best way forward i think, although some other members might give you better suggestions.

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Re

Post by Jedi001 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:41 am

iluvuparis wrote:Thanks Vanadil.

No, My Employer is quite clear that the request from Homeoffice (in email) was for Tier1. However he is giving silly reasons like company policy has been changed and we are not allowed to provide any information, etc..

Please guide me what is my next action?
I think the other way out will be:

If your employer is not agreeing to confirm your details to Home Office then ask them to give the same in written, as on a company letter head saying that COMPANY POLICY does not allow the HR to reveal details of any employee for any kind of verification OR an EMAIL from HR which you can share with Home office...something in those terms.

Speak to the highest authority like your General Manager and put your case in front of them with all the relevant details like information on Tier 1 visa. I dont think you should just keep your mouth shut just becoz one person in HR is telling something like this, which is not acceptable and not real at all.

Hope this helps...my comments are a bit aggresive however thats how I am...cannt help it :roll: .

Regards,

Jedi001

dingdon

Post by dingdon » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:19 am

Page 6,7 of Tier1 General guidence

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf
18. We may want to check the supporting documents an applicant sends with his/her application. Therefore, he/she must ensure that all the evidence comes from a source that can be clearly identified and that it can be independently confirmed as being genuine.
Verification check inconclusive• If we cannot verify that the document is either genuine or false then we will ignore it as evidence for scoring points. If the applicant has sent other specified documents as evidence for scoring the relevant points, we will consider these as normal. If the applicant has not sent any other documents, we will award zero points in that area.
Sorry to say, but as per the above gudielines they might not give you the relavent points for which you are showing the evidence.

hence i suggest you to try your level best to put pressure on your HR manager by some means for responding to the verification mail.

iam not sure but Also they might consider your bank statement evidence to award the points.

All the best.