ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help Needed for Wife Naturalisation and BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Help Needed for Wife Naturalisation and BC

Post by Mak9878 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all are well.

My wife has received ILR BRP today (via 5 years on Tier 1 Entrepreneur PBS Dependent/Family/Partner route and Husband has British Citizenship since 2020). My husband receives Universal Credit and Child Benefit on his name but our both names appear on UC statements monthly.

Further details on my wife case are here in ILR thread:
indefinite-leave-to-remain/help-needed- ... 00-25.html

I have below few questions regachildrwife's naturalisation application:

1) Can I apply right away for her or need to wait 1 year and then apply. (My husband and children have British passport already since 2020).

2) Which form need to be used?

3) can she apply for UC couple allowance now on ILR and will that affect her naturalisation application if processed?

4) can I travel on holidays on ILR BRP while naturalisation application is in process or even approved?

Thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Help Needed for Wife Naturalisation and BC

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:10 pm

1) Can I apply right away for her or need to wait 1 year and then apply. (My husband and children have British passport already since 2020).

Yes.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1697640978

3) can she apply for UC couple allowance now on ILR and will that affect her naturalisation application if processed?

If she is eligible for UC she can apply, I can't comment if that is the case.

4) can I travel on holidays on ILR BRP while naturalisation application is in process or even approved?

Yes, until application is approved. Once she attends the ceremony she will become British and will need to apply for British passport as her BRP will become invalid.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:26 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:10 pm

Yes.

Yes, until application is approved. Once she attends the ceremony she will become British and will need to apply for British passport as her BRP will become invalid.
Thanks for your valuable input.

So ILR BRP cancels after attending ceremony (just after getting naturalisation certificate).

So my question is, she can travel on ILR even her naturalisation application has approved (while away on holidays on ILR) but have not attended the ceremony yet? And she can easily travel back on ILR BRP and book for ceremony later?

Please shadow your light on above.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:29 pm

So my question is, she can travel on ILR even her naturalisation application has approved (while away on holidays on ILR) but have not attended the ceremony yet? And she can easily travel back on ILR BRP and book for ceremony later?
Yes!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:43 pm

Thanks CR001 and Confronted.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:46 pm

Mak9878 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:26 pm
contorted_svy wrote:

Yes.

So ILR BRP cancels after attending ceremony (just after getting naturalisation certificate).

Thanks

She can book her ceremony with the council as soon as she gets the approval, no impact on the validity of the BRP. She will have 90 days to attend the ceremony.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Mak9878
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by Mak9878 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:41 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:46 pm
Mak9878 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:26 pm
contorted_svy wrote:

Yes.

Thanks

She can book her ceremony with the council as soon as she gets the approval, no impact on the validity of the BRP. She will have 90 days to attend the ceremony.
Thanks you very much for valuable info.

The time limit to attend ceremony after naturalisation question was coming in my mind, but you have already have answered.

Thanks