ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Employer and Dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shadowuk
Newly Registered
India

Switching Employer and Dependent

Post by shadowuk » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:49 pm

I'm currently in the process of switching employers under a skilled worker visa. My initial skilled visa began in October 2023, and today my new employer submitted the new skilled worker visa application with priority.

I would like to know if, once I receive my new Biometric Residence Permit (BRP), it is necessary to submit a new visa application for my dependents—my wife and children. Their existing visa is valid until August 2026.

Any help is greatly appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching Employer and Dependent

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:51 pm

I would like to know if, once I receive my new Biometric Residence Permit (BRP), it is necessary to submit a new visa application for my dependents—my wife and children.
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shadowuk
Newly Registered
India

Post by shadowuk » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:06 pm

Thank you for the prompt response.

Today, I had a discussion with an immigration lawyer, and they mentioned that once I receive my new Biometric Residence Permit (BRP), I must apply for the dependent visa within 60 days. I also clarified that the dependents are under my responsibility, not with the new employer. However he said it's required,

Thank you for your clarification.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:14 pm

He is talking nonsense. Ask him to give you the official UKVI guidance where this is explicitly stated. He will be unable to produce anything.

See the links below.

uk-skilled-worker-visas/when-to-extend- ... l#p1974530

uk-skilled-worker-visas/change-of-emplo ... l#p1994361

Really important to note that immigration lawyers often do not know what they are talking about or misinterpret the rules to suit them. Their main aim is not really to help you, it is to charge ridiculous money for potentially very very incorrect advice, resulting in more charges for reconsideration's etc etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shadowuk
Newly Registered
India

Switching Employer and Again paid IHS

Post by shadowuk » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:24 pm

I submitted my initial skilled worker visa application in August 2023 and moved to UK OCT 2023.

I am currently in the process of switching employers under a skilled worker visa. My initial skilled visa began in October 2023, and I paid the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) fees. Today, my new employer submitted a new skilled worker visa application, and they asked me to pay £1800, i have done that payment as well. I would like to know if it is possible to get a refund for the IHS fees paid in October 2023, as I have paid a similar amount again.

Another issue is that I have closed my bank accounts in the Middle East and no longer have a valid resident permit or active bank account..

Any help is greatly appreciated

shadowuk
Newly Registered
India

Post by shadowuk » Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:29 pm

Thank you very much for your advice

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:15 pm

Topics merged.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:43 pm

shadowuk wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:06 pm
Thank you for the prompt response.

Today, I had a discussion with an immigration lawyer, and they mentioned that once I receive my new Biometric Residence Permit (BRP), I must apply for the dependent visa within 60 days. I also clarified that the dependents are under my responsibility, not with the new employer. However he said it's required,

Thank you for your clarification.
Another lawyer that knows less than they should…. Ask the lawyer to read the immigration rules before he thinks about giving advice.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Switching Employer and Again paid IHS

Post by lolo2 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:59 pm

shadowuk wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:24 pm
Another issue is that I have closed my bank accounts in the Middle East and no longer have a valid resident permit or active bank account..
You might be eligible for a partial IHS refund, pro rata to the overlapping period. This is usually paid in the original form of payment. If this payment method is no longer active, you might have to contact UKVI to inform this.

See: IHS refunds

shadowuk
Newly Registered
India

Post by shadowuk » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:52 pm

Thanks a lot 🙏