ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation via spouse living in Northern Evidence

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wynelson
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Naturalisation via spouse living in Northern Evidence

Post by wynelson » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:00 pm

I am non eu living in Northern Ireland with my Irish husband for 3 years. I am about to apply Irish citizenship. There are some questions.

1. For type A and type B residence proof, I will provide bank statements as Type A proof, during the first qualifying year I did not use my debit card for 3 POS transactions during 3 consecutive months. (Sep 2021 ,Oct 2021 and Dec 2021 I have enough POS transactions but November only has 2 POS transactions.) I will provide a credit card statements to show more transactions in Nov 2021. Anyone have the similar situations? Wonder how strict they are towards the 3 POS transactions.

2. Type B residence proof, I will use my landline and broadband bill, how many months are needed for each year?

3. Do I need to submit evidence to show the start of my first day residency like a boarding pass?

4. Do I need to certify a biometric residence card?

5. Do I need to tell them I have been living in NI for more than 1096 days to be qualified? Only know I don't need to use residency calculator if I live in Northern Ireland. But is there other proof I need to show instead of residency calculator.

Thanks in advance

wynelson
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Re: Naturalisation via spouse living in Northern Evidence

Post by wynelson » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:16 pm

wynelson wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:00 pm
I am non eu living in Northern Ireland with my Irish husband for 3 years. I am about to apply Irish citizenship. There are some questions.

1. For type A and type B residence proof, I will provide bank statements as Type A proof, during the first qualifying year I did not use my debit card for 3 POS transactions during 3 consecutive months. (Sep 2021 ,Oct 2021 and Dec 2021 I have enough POS transactions but November only has 2 POS transactions.) I will provide a credit card statements to show more transactions in Nov 2021. Anyone have the similar situations? Wonder how strict they are towards the 3 POS transactions.
Otherwise, can child benefit from the UK count as type A proof?

2. Type B residence proof, I will use my landline and broadband bill, how many months are needed for each year?

3. Do I need to submit evidence to show the start of my first day residency like a boarding pass?

5. Do I need to tell them I have been living in NI for more than 1096 days to be qualified? Only know I don't need to use residency calculator if I live in Northern Ireland. But is there other proof I need to show instead of residency calculator.

Thanks in advance

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:53 am

wynelson wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:00 pm

Thanks in advance
1. The 3 per month is pretty strict - they consider 3 to be a low threshold to evidence presence and typically see many more per month. I’d include an affidavit to explain why you only have 2 in the middle month given you have 12 months to choose a 3 month period.
2. 3 consecutive months should be fine.
3. No
4. No
5. You answer this within the form and attest to its truth on final tab.

wynelson
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by wynelson » Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:13 pm

Thanks Vadrar.
I didn't use the debit card much in the first year because I was living with mother in law and with the covid restriction and also having a newborn in Jan,I didn't really go to shop much from Jan to June, Then I was using my credit card after that- didn't realise Credit cards and debit cards are considered different types of proof. My credit card statements has a proof that May, Jun, July, Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec all have 3 more POS transactions.
I will attach an affadavit to explain that. Thank you.

Also, just want to send one more evidence by using social protection proof. Could UK child benefit be a type A residency proof? My bank statement will show I get the money every month from UK gov.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:20 pm

Irish child benefit statements with an affidavit are sometimes accepted as fall back evidence when listed evidence isn’t available, so I imagine it’s the same for UK statements. They do require submission of proof of the child’s attendance at school or childcare (letter from school listing dates if Childs attendence) if you want to use child benefit statement. If not at school then child’s attendance dates at GP with letter from GP.

wynelson
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by wynelson » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:26 pm

Thank you very much for your help.

wynelson
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by wynelson » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:49 pm

Sorry one more question.

If I delay my application to May 2024 for a 3 year period of residency ( May 2021- April 2024), I would have enough POS transactions for the first year ( May 2021-April 2022). Because Feb, March, April 2022 all have 3 POS transactions. But then I will struggle with the last 3 months residency proof for both of us.One of our proof will be expired by May.

Can a broadband or a credit card be a proof?
I remember reading some of the threads, credit card statement is not counted.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:45 pm

If broadband includes fixed line phone rental it counts as a utility for type B. Credit card statements (with 3+ POS) also count for type B.

wynelson
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by wynelson » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:19 pm

Sorry I mean residency proofs based on marriage.
It requires "Copies of three different proofs of residence in the island of Ireland for both
applicant and spouse for 3 months prior to the date of application showing date and name and current address. Proofs include mortgage/rent agreement, household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV),bank statements, revenue, mortgage agreement, social welfare, letter from
employment, etc"

It doesn't mention credit card statement or broadband.
Do credit card statement or broadband count as residency proofs based on marriage in this case?