ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

made a mistake in my Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Abdul443
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

made a mistake in my Naturalisation

Post by Abdul443 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:48 pm

Hi, I have realised that I had made a mistake in my Naturalisation after submitting my biometrics and documents scanning,
application submitted on 07 JAN 2024
UKVCAS appointment was 16 Jan 2024

Mistake : Immigration Details:
Have you made any previous UK Immigration Applications in the UK or Abroad?

I mistook this as if I had ever made a naturalisation application before, so I answered "NO"
But it should have been YES as I have been living in the UK from last 5 years and had made UK immigrations Applications obviously , initial application from back home and then Visa extension and ILR applications from UK,
On 19th Jan 2024 I had sent an email and explained my mistake and had also sent all my previous Immigration Applications History in details to "NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk " and also Cc "Furthernationlityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk"
Also I had added my current applications details , like Name, DOB, UAN , passport no, Application Date, etc.

Could you please advise me what else I can do now?

Many thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: made a mistake in my Naturalisation

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:33 pm

Interesting - naturalisation is NOT an immigration application .... not sure how you had the idea they are asking for prior naturalisation application. Generally people only apply once for British Citizenship.

Anyway, you have done the necessary - if they have any queries UKVI will contact you.

AND PLEASE, don't tag onto other members' posts - makes it difficult to moderate.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:45 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:33 pm
not sure how you had the idea they are asking for prior naturalisation application. Generally people only apply once for British Citizenship.
Just a small side note - Irish naturalization form explicitly asks for previous naturalization applications (if any); interesting to see UK one doesn't.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Abdul443
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Abdul443 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:55 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Interesting - naturalisation is NOT an immigration application .... not sure how you had the idea they are asking for prior naturalisation application. Generally people only apply once for British Citizenship.

Anyway, you have done the necessary - if they have any queries UKVI will contact you.

AND PLEASE, don't tag onto other members' posts - makes it difficult to moderate.
not sure how you had the idea they are asking for prior naturalisation application. Generally people only apply once for British Citizenship.

Thats the main point WHY I took this question in wrong sense and now waiting in stress.
any way thanks for your reply.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:16 pm

meself2 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:45 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
Just a small side note - Irish naturalization form explicitly asks for previous naturalization applications (if any); interesting to see UK one doesn't.
It doesn't ask about it - but it is possible to apply more than once, if for example your application is refused due to immigration issues and Good Character, UKVI may give you a time frame when you could apply again, say five or 10 years. Must be quite rare.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

MuhammadM86
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by MuhammadM86 » Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:26 pm

Abdul443 wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:48 pm
Hi, I have realised that I had made a mistake in my Naturalisation after submitting my biometrics and documents scanning,
application submitted on 07 JAN 2024
UKVCAS appointment was 16 Jan 2024

Mistake : Immigration Details:
Have you made any previous UK Immigration Applications in the UK or Abroad?

I mistook this as if I had ever made a naturalisation application before, so I answered "NO"
But it should have been YES as I have been living in the UK from last 5 years and had made UK immigrations Applications obviously , initial application from back home and then Visa extension and ILR applications from UK,
On 19th Jan 2024 I had sent an email and explained my mistake and had also sent all my previous Immigration Applications History in details to "NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk " and also Cc "Furthernationlityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk"
Also I had added my current applications details , like Name, DOB, UAN , passport no, Application Date, etc.

Could you please advise me what else I can do now?

Many thanks.
Nothing more you need to do, as long as you have sent them the correct details, you will have them added to your application.