ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship after ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cc2021
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Citizenship after ILR

Post by Cc2021 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:26 pm

Hi i am a british citizen. and my wife just about to apply her ILR application in march after 5year , just wondering can she apply for her citizenship after she has granted her ILR application or is she have to wait for another 12months before she apply to her citizenship ? Many thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship after ILR

Post by Ticktack » Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:37 pm

Cc2021 wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:26 pm
Hi i am a british citizen. and my wife just about to apply her ILR application in march after 5year , just wondering can she apply for her citizenship after she has granted her ILR application or is she have to wait for another 12months before she apply to her citizenship ? Many thanks
She can apply immediately, provided she satisfies all other requirements. 12 months wait isn't one of them.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

Cc2021
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship after ILR

Post by Cc2021 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:03 pm

Thank you.