ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Amiromo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR M extension

Post by Amiromo » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:28 pm

Hi everyone,
I really appreciate all the information and advice I've read on the forum.

I've got a few questions about my spouse visa extension. We are hoping to submit next week but I just wanted some reassurance that everything is as needed.

I'm meeting the financial requirement through my own work.

We currently live in a flat owned by my husband (mortgage) but for the first 9 months we stayed with his parents.

I have listed all the items we are sending-

Applicant documents-
1. Cover letter
2. My passport all pages
3. My current BRP
4. Marriage certificate

Sponsor documents-
5. Sponsor passport bio page

Accommodation documents-
6. Cohabitation- correspondences addressed to both of us. We moved halfway through the last year so it will have both addresses on the correspondences
7. Proof of adequate current accommodation- land registry, council tax, mortgage statement and floor plan/brochure from purchase
8. Letter from parents confirming we were initially staying with them before we moved (not sure if necessary)

Financial evidence-
9. Pay slips (online pdf) 6 months and within 28 days
10. Bank statements (online pdf) 6 months and within 28 days
11. Employer letter

Language evidence-
12. Pearson PTE home B1 test certificate

Other documents-
13. Visa application form
14. Visa payment confirmation
15. IHS payment confirmation

I think that's most things covered but for some reason I'm worried I've missed something.

I wasn't sure if I needed to have a letter from the sponsors parents saying that we stayed with them for the first 9 months as the first correspondences used from cohabitation is from their address?

Also is it OK to group the documents together in one pdf file (for example all of the cohabitation correspondences together) or is it better to upload each correspondences/letter on its own?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: FLR M extension

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:20 pm

Amiromo wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:28 pm
Hi everyone,

I've got a few questions about my spouse visa extension. We are hoping to submit next week but I just wanted some reassurance that everything is as needed.

We currently live in a flat owned by my husband (mortgage) but for the first 9 months we stayed with his parents.

Applicant documents-
1. Cover letter
2. My passport all pages
3. My current BRP
4. Marriage certificate

Sponsor documents-

Accommodation documents-
6. Cohabitation- correspondences addressed to both of us. We moved halfway through the last year so it will have both addresses on the correspondences
7. Proof of adequate current accommodation- land registry, council tax, mortgage statement and floor plan/brochure from purchase
8. Letter from parents confirming we were initially staying with them before we moved (not sure if necessary)

Financial evidence-
11. Employer letter

Language evidence-

Other documents-

I think that's most things covered but for some reason I'm worried I've missed something.

I wasn't sure if I needed to have a letter from the sponsors parents saying that we stayed with them for the first 9 months as the first correspondences used from cohabitation is from their address?

Also is it OK to group the documents together in one pdf file (for example all of the cohabitation correspondences together) or is it better to upload each correspondences/letter on its own? Upload them individually and name them as per the month it covers.

Thanks
What you have above appears alright.

Amiromo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Amiromo » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:36 pm

Thank you soo much for the quick reply. Would you recommend the same things for the the payslips (so 6 separate uploads for each month), bank statements etc. Or just for the cohabitation documents?

Really appreciate the advice, thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:48 pm

Same, and name them for the month its for. If you have the patience to organise it, then upload under financial evidence.

Amiromo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Amiromo » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:05 pm

OK perfect thank you. I'll do that for all the stuff and then have a document explaining what I've uploaded.

Thank you again.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:49 am

Amiromo wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:05 pm
OK perfect thank you. I'll do that for all the stuff and then have a document explaining what I've uploaded.

Thank you again.
You may or not. The CW will go through all and see what it is you have uploaded in support of your application.

Turki
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Turki » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:36 am

Amiromo wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:28 pm
Hi everyone,

Applicant documents-
1. Cover letter
2. My passport all pages
3. My current BRP
4. Marriage certificate

Sponsor documents-

Accommodation documents-
8. Letter from parents confirming we were initially staying with them before we moved (not sure if necessary)(U need to submit that letter .. and also in cover letter mention the dates u lived at ur parents and started living at your current address.. the documents u have look sufficient.. When u will submit the application u will be asked for each document individually and u can the upload as per that .. simple.)

Financial evidence-
11. Employer letter

Language evidence-

Other documents-

Also is it OK to group the documents together in one pdf file (for example all of the cohabitation correspondences together) or is it better to upload each correspondences/letter on its own?

Thanks

ritahalk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ritahalk » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:00 pm

Dear All

I appreciate your guidance on this. My family route visa runs out on the 7 March 2024. How soon Am I allow to apply for renewal. Can it be more than 28 days, as I'm concerned about the increase IHS fees.

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:10 am

ritahalk wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:00 pm
Dear All

I appreciate your guidance on this. My family route visa runs out on the 7 March 2024. How soon Am I allow to apply for renewal. Can it be more than 28 days, as I'm concerned about the increase IHS fees.

Thank you
It is considered rude to hijack someone else's thread. Ask your questions under your own existing thread or create one.

ritahalk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ritahalk » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:31 pm

Hi
Apologies I didn't realise I was using your post. Not sure how to take it out :oops: