ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New role within existing sponsor skilled worker

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ravisha22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

New role within existing sponsor skilled worker

Post by Ravisha22 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:08 pm

Hi, my visa coming for extension as I'm gonna finish 3 years in skilled worker visa.

There is an opportunity for me to take new role within my current org and I checked the occupation code and new role is coming under new code.

So my understanding is I need to get new cos from my current employer and apply for the visa with Home office.

Can you please confirm my understanding? Also can my sponsor provide again 3 years cos ? The reason I ask because my wife and daughter joined after 2 months with me so when I finish 5 years , they wil be 2 months short hence if I get again 3 years COS during ILR there won't be any problem for them as well.

Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: New role within existing sponsor skilled worker

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:03 am

If your employer is positive that the new role properly belongs under a different SOC they will need to issue a new COS.
Your employer can issue a COS for any period they choose up to 5 years.
Your period to ILR and the missing time for your dependents is not a concern for your employer, however if they wish to help you out they can issue a COS to do so.

Ravisha22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ravisha22 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:33 pm

Thanks , new role would be definitely in another occupation code as it's manager and my current role is analyst.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:03 pm

Time to speak to your employer about a new COS and the length of time for that COS.
Good luck 👍

Ravisha22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ravisha22 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:50 pm

Thanks a lot 🙏

Ravisha22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ravisha22 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:44 am

Hey , it seems new role falling under same Occupation code as current however I need to go for extension as my 3 year will be finishing in coming months.

My employer is happy to provide 3 years extension so can they extend 3 years ? I thought 3+2 only possible so please advise.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:29 pm

They can assign a COS for any period up to 5 years even if this takes you way past the 5 years for ILR. It is pointless to go way beyond the ILR period as it is a waste of money.