ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa clarifications

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

expertbuddy
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa questions

Post by expertbuddy » Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:42 pm

Hi,

Am applying for my wife and my step daughter to join me in UK. Got couple of questions that needs clarified before i apply next week.

1.For accommodation i am moving into a new property which i signed tenant agreement. Its a 3 bed room house but the tenancy is in only my name and wife name wasnt added to tenant list. I have also got a letter from lettings agent stating Landlord ok to allow wife also stay in the property. Is the letter fine or i should get it changed in also the agreement before i submit that for accommodation proof?
2. Is there any bank balance that i need to show in maintenance funds for spouse visa application?
3. Applied for Ecctis document for statement of comparability with bachelor degree. Is that fine or should i get master degree as well?
4. Is IHS fee getting increased? read in the forum posts but cant find any links. should i pay IHS fee now and have reference for the application or i need to do exact amount at the time of application?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa questions

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:52 pm

expertbuddy wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:42 pm
Hi,

Am applying for my wife and my step daughter to join me in UK. Got couple of questions that needs clarified before i apply next week.

1.For accommodation i am moving into a new property which i signed tenant agreement. Its a 3 bed room house but the tenancy is in only my name and wife name wasnt added to tenant list it is not an issue. I have also got a letter from lettings agent stating Landlord ok to allow wife also stay in the property. Is the letter fine or i should get it changed in also the agreement before i submit that for accommodation proof?
2. Is there any bank balance that i need to show in maintenance funds for spouse visa application? No
3. Applied for Ecctis document for statement of comparability with bachelor degree. Is that fine or should i get master degree as well? It is the applicant that needs to meet English Language requirements not you. If it is at a level BTW A1 and B1 then it is alright, no need using Masters.
4. Is IHS fee getting increased? Yes read in the forum posts but cant find any links. should i pay IHS fee now and have reference for the application or i need to do exact amount at the time of application? IHS will be paid at time of application.

Thanks

expertbuddy
United Kingdom

Post by expertbuddy » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:41 pm

Thanks for this. Also one more question

If i divorced my ex-wife who is British citizen, do we need to notify home office? all are British citizen (myself and my ex-wife)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:54 pm

expertbuddy wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:41 pm
Thanks for this. Also one more question

If i divorced my ex-wife who is British citizen, do we need to notify home office? all are British citizen (myself and my ex-wife)
No. But to apply for a new spouse's visa, you and your current wife have to declare you were free to marry and submit the decree absolute as proof, which hopefully is dated BEFORE your current marriage date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

expertbuddy
United Kingdom

Post by expertbuddy » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:02 pm

Thanks a lot for quick response.

My current wife is not from UK. You mean my ex-wife who is British citizen have to email home office as well?
yeah i re-married after my divorce final order came through. but so far didnt send any email to home office due to thinking its not needed for British citizen

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:19 pm

My current wife is not from UK.

Obviously if you are applying for a spouse visa. No one said she was from the UK!
You mean my ex-wife who is British citizen have to email home office as well?
No!
yeah i re-married after my divorce final order came through. but so far didnt send any email to home office due to thinking its not needed for British citizen
There is NO requirement to do this! Not sure why you think you need to.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

expertbuddy
United Kingdom

Post by expertbuddy » Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:20 pm

Thanks a lot sir. My mistake. Clarified now.

expertbuddy
United Kingdom

English language requirements

Post by expertbuddy » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:00 am

Hi,

Just checking if it's correct to sit for life skills B1 exam in IELTS for my wife to come to UK from India on spouse visa (family visa). Or it needs to be A1 ?

Thanks

expertbuddy
United Kingdom

Spouse visa clarifications

Post by expertbuddy » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:43 pm

Hi,
Thanks a lot for this board for help/clarifying lot of questions.

Got couple more to previous ones.

if it's correct to sit for life skills B1 exam in IELTS for my wife to come to UK from India on spouse visa (family visa). Or it needs to be A1 ?

Also, the employment reference letter states the payment date, Payperiod, Gross salary and net salary. but it didnt specifically state "payslips are genuine". I tried to ask them but they mentioned they cant added that word. Is that going to be a problem?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa clarifications

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:41 pm

expertbuddy wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:43 pm
Hi,
Thanks a lot for this board for help/clarifying lot of questions.

Got couple more to previous ones.

if it's correct to sit for life skills B1 exam in IELTS for my wife to come to UK from India on spouse visa (family visa). Or it needs to be A1 ? Basic requirement for initial spouse visa is A1 however if your wife's ability carries B1 then if she passes the B1 it can be used for her extension and till Naturalisation thereby saving some cost and time down the line.

Also, the employment reference letter states the payment date, Payperiod, Gross salary and net salary. but it didnt specifically state "payslips are genuine". I tried to ask them but they mentioned they cant added that word. Is that going to be a problem?

Thanks
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/proof-income

About employer letter....

The employer’s letter should confirm:

you or your partner are employed there
the job title or position you or your partner hold
how long you or your partner have worked there
the type of contract (for example, permanent, fixed term)
what you or your partner earn before tax and National Insurance
how long you or your partner have been paid your current salary
the payslips are genuine

It is a requirement for it to be on the employer letter.