ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement Scheme Unmarried Partner

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

loritocraft
Newly Registered
Chile

EU Settlement Scheme Unmarried Partner

Post by loritocraft » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:31 am

I'm currently applying for ILR under the EU settlement scheme as an unmarried partner.

My EU partner and I moved to UK back in 2016. I was granted a 5-year resident permit then. After Brexit, we both applied for Settlement status, as we thought we were entitled to (in 2021). However, we were granted Pre-settlement status for another 5 years (until 2026).
We now believe I can apply for Settlement, which I just did and they are asking for evidence of my residence and proof of relationship.
We never married so we don't have a marriage certificate.
He is no longer a UK taxpayer as he got a job in USA and needs to be registered there.
We don't have joint bank accounts.
Legally speaking it looks like he doesn't live in this country and the only docs I have to prove we are still together are his UK bank account statements linked to my home address.

When I went to submit my evidence, my current application was no longer on the HO website and I could only submit it under the application I did back in Dec 2020?

Is this an error? I submitted it anyway, but I'm very confused and worried that will not go through.

Any advice and reassurance would be most appreciated.

Thank you!

eubritish
United Kingdom

Re: EU Settlement Scheme Unmarried Partner

Post by eubritish » Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:15 pm

That does sound odd that application just disappears. Did you note down the UAN for your new application? that is generated before you submit the application.

In either case, my suggestion would be to call the resolution center.

Good luck!

loritocraft
Newly Registered
Chile

Post by loritocraft » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:37 pm

I've updated all my evidence and I got refused today. According to them, there's no record of me uploading any document and they've also said that they tried to contact me several times. Other than email, I haven't received any calls.

I contacted the resolution center today. They've said that there has been confusion so I need to IGNORE the letter that received and just create a new application.
That's what I'm doing as I'm writing this post and it now looks like there's an issue with the app to verify my identity.
I'm now on wait with the resolution center, I'm number 6 on the queue and my estimated waiting time is 1 HOUR!? They supposed to work until 8pm and I've been on wait since 7:15pm

It's really exahusting.

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:03 pm

So they sent you emails and you didn't check? and they couldn't find your application you said so how come they issued refusal.

It sounds all muddy so its good idea I think to start fresh.

The resolution center gets busy in the evening I guess. I always called them during the day and never had to wait longer than a coupe of minutes.

Good luck!

loritocraft
Newly Registered
Chile

HO website glitch - EU Settlement Scheme Unmarried Partner

Post by loritocraft » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:57 pm

Well, it's all sorted for now.

Just wanted to clarify that I did check my emails, but other than that, they did not try to reach me over text, call, or post as the letter stated.

What the resolution center explained to me is, that since my visa expires in 2026, this application got rejected but I can remain in the country and make a new application as I still have a valid visa.

Just in case someone has a similar issue.

This was my browser automatically signing in to my old application as it was already saved in my history. Weird, as it's doesn't sign in automatically. But my details were taken from it. Therefore it was almost impossible for me to log in to my new application. The solution to this is to erase all your browser history, cookies, etc so I can sign in using my new documents.
I never thought about this, as all my documents are updated on the home office database, but this shows that this system is still on trial and it was a glitch.

Hope this helps someone.