ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

long term residency and stamp 5

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Danini___
Ireland

long term residency and stamp 5

Post by Danini___ » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:42 pm

Hi,

I hope you are well. I just completed the 60 months of stay on Stamp 1 + Stamp 4, and I plan to apply for a long term residency this year. However, I also plan to apply for Stamp 5 after i reach 96 months of stay. I have checked the eligibility of stamp 5, it said here https://www.irishimmigration.ie/my-situ ... s-to-time/

The following immigration stamps in your passport can be counted towards your Stamp 5 application:

Stamp 1
Stamp 1G
Stamp 3
Stamp 4
Stamp 4S.

The following immigration stamps in your passport cannot be counted towards your Stamp 5 application:

Stamp 4 EuFam
Stamp 0

Student – Stamp 2 or Stamp 2A
Temporary Registered Doctor’s – Stamp 4

Trainee Accountants – Stamp 1A
Intra Company Transfer – Stamp 4
Spouse or dependent of an Intra Company Transfer – Stamp 3
Temporary visitors permission granted at the port of entry
Cancelled Stamps.
Please note the above is indicative and is not a complete list.

May i ask what does it mean 'Is not a complete list', where can i find the complete list? Is long term residency stamp 4 considered as normal stamp 4? Can i appky stamp 5 through long term residency stamp 4?

Thank you very much!

meself2
Ireland

Re: long term residency and stamp 5

Post by meself2 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:21 pm

Danini___ wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:42 pm
, I also plan to apply for Stamp 5 after i reach 96 months of stay.
What for?
You'll get Stamp 4 for 5 years, assuming LTR is successful.
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/my-situ ... residency/
If your application is successful you will be granted permission which allows you to work in Ireland for a further 5 years without the need for a further work permit.
Do you think you won't be naturalized in almost 5 years?

Answering your question - I don't think there's a public list which is non-indicative, but I suppose Stamp 4 from LTR counts for LTR Stamp 5. Send them an email to clarify if you wish.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Danini___
Ireland

Post by Danini___ » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:41 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:21 pm
Danini___ wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:42 pm
, I also plan to apply for Stamp 5 after i reach 96 months of stay.
What for?
You'll get Stamp 4 for 5 years, assuming LTR is successful.
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/my-situ ... residency/
If your application is successful you will be granted permission which allows you to work in Ireland for a further 5 years without the need for a further work permit.
Do you think you won't be naturalized in almost 5 years?

Answering your question - I don't think there's a public list which is non-indicative, but I suppose Stamp 4 from LTR counts for LTR Stamp 5. Send them an email to clarify if you wish.
Hi Mesel2, Thanks for your reply. I cannot guarantee i will apply for citizenship in 5 years as I need to surrender my current passport. I have sent them an email and havent heard reply from them.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:19 pm

I am 90 percent sure that you can use this Stamp 4 for reckonable residence.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.