ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor VISA for Nephew

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nagaraju.ch
Newly Registered
India

Visitor VISA for Nephew

Post by nagaraju.ch » Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:36 pm

Hello,

Hope you are all doing well.

I want to bring my nephew to UK on 6 Months Visitor visa who is at 21 years old. I have question on what can be shown as Indian income? as he doesn't have any income or properties on his name. But he has £3500 Indian Bank Account in his account from me and i have £6000 in my UK bank account. I will be sponsoring him from UK but i doubt if we need to show from India as well. Can he show Parents property and get Notary from Lawyer where they can mention that funds can be utilised anytime he needs? Will this be accepted?

gunjankanwarinda833
Newly Registered
India

Re: Visitor VISA for Nephew

Post by gunjankanwarinda833 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:57 pm

It will depend on various factors and one of them is, what is his current occupation. Is he a student or is he unemployed? The visa officer will assess how genuine is the application and if he has strong motivation to back and not overstay etc.

secret.simon

Re: Visitor VISA for Nephew

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:36 am

Rather than income, what is necessary to show is that he has strong links to his home country/country of habitual residence.

When I was still on my limited visas, years ago, my brother (then 21) and father visited me in the UK. For my brother, we showed that he was enrolled at university, the dates of his summer vacations and that he would be returning back to complete his education. For my father (then still employed, as he still is), letters from his employer confirming his job contract, the days of leave that he had as approved leave, etc, along with his regular income, etc.

A single, unemployed young man is most likely going to get a rejection, because he is most likely to overstay in the UK, with nothing to draw him back to his home country/country of habitual residence. That applies no matter the amount in his bank account.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.