ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependant and HMRC tax filing

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pray4all
India

Tier 2 Dependant and HMRC tax filing

Post by pray4all » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:33 am

Hello,

I am Indian born citizen with parents currently residing there and i often visit them every 2-3 years.

I am in UK previously on Tier2 ICT and then later switched to Tier2 dependant visa (on wife's skilled worker visa) from 2019...wife is also India born and her parents also reside there.Wife gained ILR and later citizenship in 2022.

I have yet to attained Indefinite leave to remain (pending Nov'2024). I also owns house here in uk.

I am little confused about my domicile status here in UK and whether I need to declare any foreign income >£2k in my indian bank accounts. I have never repatriated any amount back in UK for the year 2022-2023.

I have been told that HMRC tax fil

My question is - Will i be considered non-domicile from UK considering my parents are india born and i have ties with my country of origin and still not attained citizenship or ILR for tax year 2022-2023 and therefore donot need to declare any foreign income?

Echinol
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Dependant and HMRC tax filing

Post by Echinol » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:38 am

Hello,

I am not expert or professional but if you are self employed (any income; your own-work payments, rent, foreign income etc.) or you own a company entitled for vat return then you should submit tax return to HMRC. For correct advice you should talk to an accountant for your question.

Thanks.